Is Coolsculpting Safe for Hepatitis B Carrier?

I am a Hepatitis B carrier, have a relative low virus count, and is currently taking Viread. Is CoolSculpting safe for me? When I did a search for CoolSculpting and Hepatitis, the only one that is related to it is an answer for Hepatitis C, regarding a medical condition called "cryoglobulins". I am not familiar with "cryoglobulins", is it a skin condition? If my skin is currently fine, does it mean it's ok for me to undergo CoolSculpting?

Hepatitis B carrier and Sacramento Coolsculpting

+1
In general, being a Hepatitis B carrier is not a contraindication to the Coolsculpting procedure.  It is always a good idea to disclose your medical history and medications to your Coolsculpting provider.

Good luck.

Dr. Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can have CoolSculpting if have hepatitis B

+1

I am not aware of any contraindication between Hepatitis B and CoolSclpting. there shouldn't be a concern of cryoglobulins with coolSculpting and hepatitis B.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting and Hepatitis B

+1

There is no contraindication to having Coolsculpting if you are a Hepatitis B carrier and/or are undergoing treatment. It is always best to disclose any and all medical conditions you have or medications you are taking to whoever may be treating you, even if you feel like it may be unrelated.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting

+1

As long as you don't have any intolerance to cold, the hepatitis B should not be a concern for coolsculpting.  Cryoglobulins are proteins in the blood which precipitate with cold and can cause problems as a result.  They are found in a variety of autoimmune conditions but not usually hepatitis B infections or carrier states.  There is a simple blood test for cryoglobulins which can be done if you are concerned.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon