Can I Get CoolSculpting if I Have Raynaud's Phenomenon?

Should someone with Raynaud's utilize Cool Sculpting?

CoolSculting for Raynauds

+2

As it stands now, Raynauds is a contraindication for having a Zeltiq CoolSculpting treatment.  Therefore, if you have Raynauds, I would advise against having this procedure done at this time.  Good Luck Tistie.

Coolsculpting and Raynaud's

+1
Raynaud's is a contraindication for Coolsculpting, and you should not proceed with the treatment. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who may be able to provide you alternative surgical and nonsurgical options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Candidate

+1
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, it is considered best to not receive the CoolSculpting treatment if you suffer from Raynauds.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cool Sculpting & Raynaud's Phenomenon

+1

Dear Tistie,

Unfortunately, patients with Raynaud's phenomenon are not advised to have fat removal by the Zeltiq procedure (cool sculpting).

Thank you for your important question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Raynaud's and CoolSculpting

+1

Most physicians have avoided CoolSculpting on patients with Raynaud's but this has not been studied. Theoretically, any disease or condition that cold weather would exacerbate was considered a relative contraindication, but patients with Raynaud's of their fingers and or toes would not necessarily be affected if the fat frozen by Zeltiq's CoolSculpting is in the abdomen or lovehandle region. As it has not been tested, we can't vouch for its safety, but this is something worth exploring scientifically, but I am not aware that Zeltiq is planning on doing so. Systemic diseases that can flare with cold temperature such as cold urticaria and cryoglobulinemia are a greater concern.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting with Raynauds Disease

+1

There are not many contraindications for having CoolSculpting performed BUT Raynauds Disease is one of them.  I would not recommend getting this treatment if you have Raynauds.

Best Wishes!

Coolsculpting and Raynaud's

+1

There are very few sitatuions in which Coolsclupting should not be performed for reasons of medical safety but Raynaud's disease is one.  I would not treat a patient with Coolsculpting if they have a history of cold intolerance or Raynaud's.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Indications for Coolsculpting and Zeltiq

+1

There is a difference between Raynaud's phenomenon and the disease.  Depending on the severity of your problem, this may be a contraindication.  The disease itself can be quite serious, where as the phenomenon is generally not.

The best candidate is a healthy individual who is 5-30 pound over the ideal body weight who takes care of thei general health and eats right.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raynauds and Coolsculpting

+1

Presently Raynauds is a relative contraindication for undergoing Coolsculpting treatment. I would discourage Coolsculpting if you have Raynauds phenomenon.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon