Can I get Coolsculpting done in my groin/crotch area?

I am a 45 year old woman. I have a large amount of fat in my groin or crotch area. I work out and my weight is about 10lbs over where it should be. No matter what I do I can not get rid of this fat. I had lipo in this area and nothing changed. I can pinch a large amount of fat in this area. Can Coolsculpting be done in this area?

Can CoolSculpting be done on the groin area?

+2
Great question!

I think it's important for you to understand that in 2010 Zeltiq obtained FDA approval of CoolSculpting for the abdomen and hips/flank area. Many other area's can be cool sculpted they are just considered to be off-label.
I personally do many other area's including: the back,arms,man-boobs, and inner/outer thighs.  In fact, Coolsculpting just released a new applicator to treat the thighs called "Cool Smooth" - and so far I am impressed.

I would need to see you and examine you to let you know whether or not I think CoolSculpting would work in your area of concern.  I think it's really important you see a surgeon with all the available applicators to accurately access weather or not you would be a good candidate. 

It's unusual for you to have had liposuction of your groin area and not to have experienced a result.  It can take a good 4-6 months for swelling to subside, so if you are within this time frame I would encourage patience.  If you are outside of this time frame I would encourage you to see your surgeon and express your concerns.  

Good luck,

Jennifer Harrington MD

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting in the groin area

+2
Coolsculpting is approved for the flanks, abdomen areas in particular.  It is not approved for the groin area and I would not recommend it.  Please make sure you see a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in cool sculpting for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting and groin/crotch area

+1
Coolsculpting does not have FDA approval for the groin. Proceed with caution for this area. Consult with a board certified physician who can provide surgical and coolsculpting options to understand the best option for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting of the inner thigh

+1
You need to be seen and examined.  The are different distribution of fat in the groin and inner thigh region.  As mentioned previously these areas can be treated but are considered off-label.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS