Will Coolsculpting Help with a Small Amount of Fat on my Upper Abs After TT & Lipo?

Can coolsculpting get rid of a small amount of fat on my upper abdomen 2yrs after my TT & lipo? My PS said he can do some more lipo & fat graft since I have a dimple that goes into my upper ab. I'm trying to avoid having surgery, I already have scar tissue that causes me pain. Is there any other option out there to even out the fat? And is there a natural way to get rid of the scar tissue?

Coolsculpting can work for fat bulges following tummy tuck.

+2

Coolsculptimg can work on any fat bulge that that can be drawn into the coolsculpting applicator and cooled for 1 hour. The key is to have your Plastic Surgeon feel the area that you see as fat and assess whether it would be best treated with liposuction or coolsculpting. In my experience scar tissue can resolve with 2-3 minutes of massage 2-3 x a day for 2-3 months.

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq can reduce residual fat after liposuction

+1

Some patients do undergo Coolsculpting after liposuction to reduce residual fat. Once irregular surfaces exist though, the first treatment of CoolSculpting may not be able to even out the contour perfectly. Microliposuction might be a good idea for a small lump of fat that remains after liposuction. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting after Tummy Tuck and Lipo

+1

Coolsculpting is a great way to treat small localized areas of fat that remain after procedures like a tummy tuck.  In order for the procedure to work effectively though you need to have enough tissue (skin and fat) that can be drawn up into the applicator and make sufficient contact with the cooling panels.   If you aren't a good Coolsculpting candidate, you may be a good candidate for another modality such as Tru-Sculpt, Liposonix or Exilis which do not require the tissue to fit into an applicator.  Consult with a surgeon that is experienced with a wide variety of options and procedures so you can figure out the best option together.     

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting and fat

+1

I suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced with CoolSculpting to see what your options are.  That way you can see if you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting or alternatively Liposonix.  Liposonix is a high-intensity ultrasound procedure that non-invasively "melts" the fat away and allows you to target both small and large pockets of fat.  You would also be able to discuss any treatment options for scar tissue during your consultation.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon