Can CoolSculpting Help Get Rid of Fat in Men's Breast?

Is surgery the only answer or can coolsculpting help eliminate extra fat in the breast?

CoolSculpting for breast reduction in males

+1

Some males have pseudogynecomastia which is fatty engorgement of the breast vs. true breast tissue hypertrophy called gynecomastia. CoolSculpting would be used as an off-lable procedure and it needs to be confirmed prior to treatment that the male has a benign fatty accumulation rather than anything potentially serious.

CoolSculpting for Male Breast Reduction

+1

Gynecomastia by definition is proliferation of male breast tissue.  While  I do not expect that CoolSculpting will reduce fibrous breast tissue,  CoolSculpting may have the effect in some patients of reducing breast area subcutaneous fat excess.

We are currently studying CoolSculpting on men's breasts in my practice.  I am hoping that men with excellent skin tone no nipple or areola irregularities and a small amount of unwanted fat in the breast area could achieve positive results with CoolSculpting.  Although this is something I am studying,  we are currently not offering CoolSculpting for male breast reduction  to the general population.

If you do elect to have this are treated, I would strongly suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a significant number of gynecomastia surgery procedures in addition to offering CoolSculpting. 

There are certainly some cases of gynecomastia that would NOT benefit, and could potentially be worsened by treatment with CoolSculpting alone.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

TruSculpt can be used to treat male breast

+1

There is a new treatment called TruSculpt which uses heat (RF energy) to eliminate fat cells if that is the main problem. Some patients need to have breast tissue removed but for those with fat as the main problem, the TruSculpt is easier to apply than other "Cool" technologies. The Trusculpt is a one hour, zero downtime procedure with little or no pain, no anethesia and you can go right back to work or to the gym after.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Not Cleared For Breast Area

+1

CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks (love handles) and abdomen and is proven to be a safe and effective treatment. Unfortunately, at this time it is not approved for use on men's breasts. Gynecomastia surgery is certainly another option to eliminate extra fat in a man's breast. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting for mens breasts

+1

Although this is performed , it is an off label non FDA approved use of Coolsculpting and should only be performed after all risks explained to patients. There have been reports of excellent results as well as those without good results in this area. We do not do this in our practice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for male chests?

+1

Hi,

We have treated many male beasts to reduce pockets of fat that men find embarassing.  This area responds very well and patients are pleased with how quickly we can see a result.  We always counsel patients that this area is an off label indication.

Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Men's Breasts

+1

Enlarged breasts in men can create tremendous embarrassment. Men often wear clothing to hide it. While CoolScupting is not specifically approved for breast reduction , it does indeed work. One caveat, this area can be painful to treat.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Men's Breast

+1

We have treated many men with CoolSculpting for excess fat in their breast and haven't gotten amazing results.  We have also treated that area with the Smartlipo. 

Ben Hugo, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

No - coolsculpting is FDA approved for the abdomen and NOT the breast

+1

I would recommend smartlipo for male breast reduction with minimal scarring.  The breast tissue is very fibrous and requires a laser source or ultrasound source to help break up the the fibrous pockets of fat to remove the tissue and reduce the breast size.  The coolsculpting device works best on FDA-approved areas such as the abdomen and also best on areas where there is less fibrous tissue and more fat.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon