Ask a doctor

Is Coolsculpting a Good Idea for my Chest? I Dont Know if There Are Any Grandular Tissue or Not. (photo)

I do not know if there are any grandular tissues but i think its more fat. Can anyone provide me an opinion if zeltiq will make any difference?

Doctor Answers 5

CoolSculpting for gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is proliferation of male breast tissue.  While  I do not expect that CoolSculpting will reduce fibrous breast tissue,  CoolSculpting may have the effect in some patients of reducing breast area subcutaneous fat excess.

We are currently studying CoolSculpting on men's breasts in my practice.  I am hoping that men with excellent skin tone no nipple or areola irregularities and a small amount of unwanted fat in the breast area could achieve positive results with CoolSculpting.  Although this is something I am studying,  we are currently not offering CoolSculpting for male breast reduction  to the general population.

If you do elect to have this are treated, I would strongly suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a significant number of gynecomastia surgery procedures in addition to offering CoolSculpting.

There are certainly some cases of gynecomastia that would NOT benefit, and could potentially be worsened by treatment with CoolSculpting alone.l

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

10941 Raven Ridge Rd
Raleigh, NC 27614

CoolSculpting for Chest

Thank you for your question. Typically, CoolSculpting results in a 20-25% reduction of fat, which is not a drastic reduction. I would suggest meeting with a board-certified surgeon to discuss gynecomastia surgery, which I believe would be the best option for you. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 115 reviews

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Cool Sculpting for male breasts

Gynecomastia is a term for male breast tissue which should be treated by excision. Pseudogynecomastia refers to fat deposits in the breasts and possibly this could be treated by liposuction or Zeltiq's CoolSculpting. You should see a plastic surgeon to determine which source of enlargement you have.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Coolsculpting of the Chest Area

Thank you for your question.

Coolsculpting may not work well for the chest area.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the best advice for your situation.

Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,054 reviews

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Coolsculpting will not help with your gynecomastia.


1)  I think you would be setting yourself up for a big disappointment.  Coolsculpting may work  for small deposits.

2)  At least you need quite a bit of tumescent liposuction.  Cannot be sure just from pictures, but you probably also need some breast tissue removed under your nipples.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.