coolsculpting effectivess on small people (5'2", 118lb)

does Coolsculpting work as well on smaller framed women ( I'm 5'2", 118 ibs) as it does with women who may have more fat to lose? I understand it's a percentage loss, but in reading reviews, the highest patient satisfaction seemed to be with fairly overweight people.

Coolsculpting effectivess on small people

+1
Coolsculpting can be very effective on petite people. Like with larger people, patient selection is key.

Cool Sculpting is effective on patients who are thinner and those who are a little heavier!

+1
If you can grab and pinch the area even if you are thin it can be treated. In males this area is typically the love hand areas.  As males approach the age of 40 this is typical.  The love hand area an male can be somewhat wide and tall.  This can also be the case in females ben if they have smaller frame.  In males this hangs over the belt line.  In females this makes the shape of the waister more straight rather than and hour glass shape.  Cool sculpting effectively treated the love handle areas in both males and females.  

I also want to thank everyone who came to our Cool Night out at the The Upper Room is Austin last night to take advantage of 30% off of treatment.  Stay tuned for future Cool Night out Events in Austin at the Upper Room!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Effectiveness

+1
CoolSculpting is a great procedure for fat reduction in a particular area.  Your size makes you the idea candidate for this treatment.  I love treating patients who have a distinct bulge and are small frame since they are so happy with their excellent results.  

Michele S. Green, MD

Size of the patient does not matter just to have enough fat to pinch

+1
The stature of a patient is of no concern. Coolsculpting is a non-invasive treatment that is ideal for exercise resistant and stubborn areas of fat. As long as you are in good health and have 1-2 inches of pinchable fatty tissue you may be treated.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

CoolSculpting for Various Body Types

+1
Patient satisfaction is across the board including thinner people with small areas of concern and larger people.  Every patient is assessed individually.  Basing recommendation of CoolSculpt solely on the fame type of women would not be appropriate.  I hope this helps answer your question.  I recommend you are assessed by a professional with much experience with CoolSculpt. 
Thank you.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Coolsculpting Assesment

+1
A visual assessment is necessary to see if you are a good candidate, but a Coolsuclpting treatment will reduce about 20% of fat in the area treated regardless of size.

Coolsculpting gives the most dramatic results when multiple areas are treated; for example upper and lower abdomen and flanks. If you spot treat, it may not yield the results you are looking for. And sometimes is it necessary to repeat treatment in the same area for best results, again regardless of size.

Results are not immediate, you will see the results typically between 2-4 months after the procedure, once your body naturally eliminates the destructed fat. If you are aware of these things, then you might be happier with your Coolsculpting treatment.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist that specializes in this procedure to see if you are a candidate and how many treatments you may need for best results.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting effectivess on small people (5'2", 118lb)

+1
CoolSculpting was originally created to treat people who were just slightly overweight and needed help with the stubborn fat areas, so it is ideal for smaller framed patients.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

CoolSculpting on Smaller People

+1
Good question. CoolSculpting can still be very effective on petite individuals like yourself if you still have a little bulge or pooch of fat that refuses to go away with diet or exercise. We treat a lot of people that fall into this category and have seen some excellent results with just one treatment. The best thing for you to do is to visit an experienced CoolSculpting provider for a consultation to see if the treatment will be right for you. Good luck!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

CoolSculp work best on patients that are in good shape and have an area that they can't loose

+1
While CoolSculp will reduce the fat deposit treated by 20-25 % over 2-3 months, the best results are appreciated when the patient is in really great shape with a stubborn localized area of fat. It works in over weight patients but the results are not as noticeable. Better results are seen with liposuction but CoolSculp does work. CoolSculp
p is for the patient who is not going to take the time for surgery and recovery. With CoolSculp you get limited results but there is no down time, no surgery, no anesthesiology and you can go from the treatment area to the gym.
Liposuction will do a much better and more complete job but requires surgery, anesthesiology, down time and recovery time. 
The size of your frame has no real effect on the success of CoolSculp.

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD