Coolsculpting and Weight Loss?

I'm 5'8" eat pretty healthy and workout on a regular basis. Because I had a stubborn muffin top I was very interested in Coolsculpting. I've recently had my flanks done (late Oct) and upper abs done (mid Dec) and already seeing awesome results. Before the procedures I was 128 lbs. Now I am 124 lbs. I haven't changed eating or exercise habits and while it's great to lose weight, I haven't heard of such a dramatic weight loss with Coolsculpting before. Is this normal?

CoolSculpting and weight loss

+1

Mostly, coolsculpting provides a slimmer contour and not significant weight loss, similar to liposuction but even liposuction produces greater loss of weight as more volume is lost with liposuction than CoolSculpting. Once there is a noticable reduction in volume after CoolSculpting, there may be a subconscious attittude to limit calorie intake and exercise more.

Weight loss after coolsculpting

+1
Congratulations on your good results with Coolsculpting.
Most people do not see a significant weight change after coolsculpting - so I would consider your weight loss a "bonus"!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Weight Loss After Coolsculpting

+1

Weight loss should not be expected as this is atypical and may be from a variety of other factors. Coolsculpting is a great shaping procedure in properly selected patients. It is not a weight loss procedure.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Weight Loss

+1

CoolSculpting is not designed to be a weight loss procedure, rather a procedure to help with stubborn areas of fat. Some people find that even though they are very pleased with their new appearance, they lose no weight at all. other people may lose a couple of pounds.

In my practice we do ask people to drink plenty of water and to walk daily.  This helps increase circulation and may improve lymphatic drainage.  We also include vibrational therapy as part of our "Cool Sculpting Complete" process. if your doctor offered vibrational therapy, it is possible that an increase in lymphatic drainage may have eliminated a little extra water weight.

So glad to hear you've had positive results.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and weight loss

+1

congratulations on your results and weight loss. the coolsculpting i am sure caused the shape change in the area treated but doubt it caused your weight loss. the date from the coolsculpting studies show that about 25% of the fat that is placed in the suction device is eradicated over a few month period. this is enough to cause shape changes but not the 4 lbs of weight loss you have experienced. most likely the weight loss is from diet/exercise changes. 

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon