Coolsculpting and Drinking Alcohol?

I had cool sculpting done on my abdomen 8 days ago. I am still extremely numb, sore, and bloated. I am having a hard time sleeping due to the pain. The pain is sparatic. Though I keep telling myself it's only the process working. I've read it will pass within a few weeks. I can't help but wonder if drinking alcohol has anything to do with it. I've had friends visiting for the holiday and I've at least had one drink a day since the procedure.

Coolsculpting and Drinking Alcohol?

+1

Thank you for your question. If the pain is excruciating where you're not able to sleep, I would recommend letting your provider know to prescribe you some pain meds such as a lidocaine patch or Neurontin. I would avoid alcohol intake to help speed up the healing process. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Soreness after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq for fat loss

+1

I am not aware of any reason that alcohol consumption would cause greater soreness after CoolSculpting. It may increase the temporary bruising that is expected.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Drinking Alcohol and Coolsculpting

+1

I do not think that having one alcoholic drink a day has anything to do with your recovery.  In general, this discomfort lasts about 2 weeks and then gets better.

Be patient and hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome.

CoolSculpting

+1

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you were experiencing those symptoms 8 days after your CoolSculpting procedure.  It is highly unlikely that having one drink a day is playing a role in your symptoms; it is more likely due to the procedure itself.  If you continue to be in pain and experience difficulty sleeping due to the pain, I suggest that you follow-up with the physician who performed the CoolSculpting procedure on you to see what your options are.

Good Luck!

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Alcohol and CoolSculpting

+1

Alcohol does not play a factor in your post treatment numbness and pain.  Hang in there it will subside. 

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA        

The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD