I had Coolsculpting on my abdomen 5 days ago. I have a sharp intermittent pain behind my belly button.

Sharp enough to wake me. Is this normal?

+2
It is typical to have some pain for about a week after the CoolSculpting treatment, though it is more of a soreness than sharp pain. I recommend visiting your treating doctor to determine what is going on. 

Coolsculpting and Abdomen

+1
Coolsculpting is and excellent way of reducing fat in a given area.  Some patients experience soreness, tingling, or discomfort for a few days after the procedure.  If you are having sharp pain I suggest you return to your treating physician to get examined and determine its cause.

Michele S. Green, MD

Sharp pain behind belly button 5 days after CoolSculpting

+1
It is possible to have some soreness or pain after CoolSculpting to the abdomen.  In most cases, this is more of a soreness that may feel as if you had done too many sit-ups.  Normally, this soreness resolves by a week.  In rare cases, there may be some sharp pins and needles pain to the area.  This is a type of neuropathic pain that can be improved with a specific medication that your treating physician could prescribe.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon