Coolglide Vs Gentle Yag Laser for Dark Skin?

I see great answers here, but i'm a bit confused on whether Coolglide or Gentle Yag Laser is better for my dark skin. I hear they're both good, but what's best?

Laser Hair Removal for Dark Skin

+1
Thank you for your question. A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The Elos laser hair removal system is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!

Laser hair removal for darker skin

+1

I have used both the CoolGlide and GentleYAG lasers for hair removal in darker skinned patients and I think they are equivalent in their results. Just make sure you are going to an experienced practitioner who uses the device a lot in darker skinned patients so they feel comfortable in what energy settings are used. There are other alternatives as well. I use the Soprano laser for darker skinned patients and have had excellent results with no adverse effects.

Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist