Coolaser What is It? Good for Pigment Dark Circles?

I have heard that in the US they are using 'Coolaser' for dark skinned people to help treat pigmentation in dark skinned individuals, is it available in the UK? what are the general opinions of this laser?

Lasers for Dark Circles?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are  different wavelengths that can be safely used for darker skin tone and they are usually referred to by different brand names.  There is not a good laser that I have found to be effective for dark circles.  I would recommend a consult and being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Coolaser not enough info

+1

I am not familiar with this laser or light source. It appears it is only offered by one spa/doctor which concerns me that it is not a standardized treatment which has been peer reviewed. The skin appears to be cooled prior to the treatment but the actual wavelength(s) are not mentioned. Exactly what affect the device has on the epidermis and dermis is not mentioned. One before and after photo I saw on the internet states it is of crows feet before and after the Coolaser but it appears that the patient is squinting in the before (or a combination of a small smile) which contracts the muscle and makes the skin look more pleated and the same patient is not squinting or smiling in the after so the skin looks smoother.  Botox is still the number one very effective treatment for the periorbital crows feet. I'm sorry that I can not comment on this device nor its effect on dark eyelid circles.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.