Can CoolSculpting Be Used On Inner Thighs?

Can this treatment be used successfully on the inner thighs? I need to gain weight, but when I do my upper inner thighs rub together and it is so annoying! Thanks for any response!

CoolSculpting on Inner Thighs

+1
CoolSculpting can definitely be done on the inner thighs with great results. Ideally, you should have pinchable, pliable fat in the area in order for the applicator to have adequate suction. The applicator that is used for this area is the CoolFit applicator. Treatment in this area is considered "off-label" since it is not FDA approved, but it has been shown to have good results. It is best to have a consultation to see if you are a candidate for this procedure.

CoolSculpting off-label treatment of inner thigh fat reduction

+1

Off-label use of CoolSculpting has been done for inner thighs. The older curved applicators were difficult to fit but the new flat CoolFit helps the doctor apply the applicator to this area. Be aware that this is an area with liposuction that can leave indentations and sagging more than other areas. The CoolSculpting treatment by Zeltiq does not prevent this from happening. Discuss the risks with your doctor prior to undergoing the treatment.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting for Inner Thighs

+1

Currently, CoolSculpting is developing smaller handpieces that will likely be more appropriate for smaller areas such as inner thighs, upper arms, knees and under the chin.

An office with two CoolSculpting units can perform fat reduction of both thighs at once. Find the CoolSculpting physician in your area that you'd like to see and ask them to keep you updated about new and smaller attachments

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for inner thighs

+1

Yes, for some patients, Coolsculpting is an option for the inner thighs.  Because each patient is different, it would be best to be examined by a doctor to determine if you have enough in the inner thigh area for the handpiece to suction on and work.

If you are treated for the inner thighs, this would be an "off label" treatment as this machine has not been FDA approved for treatment of the inner thighs (even though many patients have had very nice results with this use).

Coolsculpting for the thighs

+1

Yes, Coolsculpting is often used on both the inner and outer thighs.  You will need to consult with your physician, though, to determine if you have enough tissue on your thighs, to fit inside the Coolsculpting applicator.  In my experience, there usually needs to be approximately 2 inches of fatty tissue for the correct size applicator to comfortably grab onto, so that the desired results can be achieved.  The fit of the Coolsculpting chamber, on your excess tissue, will determine the degree of results.   An experienced, board certified physician will be able to tell you if Coolsculpting is the best procedure for your targeted area. 

Narin (Dr.Joe) Apisarnthanarax, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Coolsculpting for inner thighs

+1

Coolsculpting may be used on inner thighs in properly selected patients though all patients must understand risks in these areas and be informed that this is a off label non fda approved use of Coolsculpting.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Inner Thighs?

+1

Hi,

We have counseled and treated a large amount of patients for inner thigh fat.  The key to a great result is a good assessment of whether or not the area to be treated can fit the applicator.  If all sides of the applicator do not touch skin, you cannot create suction to draw the fat in and do a treatment.  Last week, Zeltiq the manufacturer just released a new applicator called the CoolCurve which works for smaller areas.  As always, we counsel patients that thighs are an off label indication.  This area is pretty comfortable area to treat discomfort wise and responds well.  As one of my patient's husband said " I saw the fat melting away from my wife's thighs!"

Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Inner Thighs

+1

CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks (love handles) and abdomen and is proven to be a safe and effective treatment. I would speak with a board-certified doctor to determine whether CoolSculpting could be effective on your inner thighs. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Tumescent liposuction is very effective for inner thighs.

+1

Hi.

As you can see, different opinions.  We have not seen great results with CoolSculpting and we don't want disappointed patients.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Coolsculpting for inner thighs

+1

We've treated many women on their inner thighs with great results.  The limiting factor is if the tissue is of adequate volume/size and lax enough or pliable enough to fit into the applicator.  If the tissue fits in the applicator adequately then you should see a reduction in fat in that area. The best way to determine if you are a good candidate is to have a consultation with a practice that does Coolsculpting.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD