Cool Sculpting and Lopsided?

So today I went in for two cool sculpting procedures...side flanks. The two sides are in drastically differant locations on my sides...one is more a "love handle" spot, the other a front "muffintop" type of sight. Im a bit concerned. Can you become lopsided if the apparatus is incorrectly placed, or if the nurse does not compare the two sides AT ALL?

Asymmetry before CoolSculpting

+1

Sometimes, we are not aware of our asymmetries, and true symmetry is actually quite rare. Significant asymmetries are rare but do occur in the flanks/hips especially with scoliosis, or curvature of the spine.

The asymmetries are best pointed out in the consultation and then the treatment is geared to treat it accordingly. However, there is the possibility that the placement of the applicators is not ideal and if there is no moderate asymmetry to begin with, then possibly more treatment may be needed on the area of one side that was not adequately treated. If there are these concerns, a patient should see their physician, soooner rather than later so that she or he knows of the concern and can evaluate the situation and create a plan to which the patient agrees.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

CoolSculpting Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Since you just received the treatment, you will likely experience swelling and side effects of the treatment that will make you think your results are lopsided at first. You will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment. I would give your body more time to heal and recuperate, as your final results are not evident yet.

Coolsculpting is not a great device for solving uneven localized fat pockets.

+1

Coolsculpting is not a great device for solving uneven localized fat pockets.  You would likely see better results with liposuction or SmartLipo.  A new device call LipoSonix is also better suited to target specific areas of fat that need treatment.  With CoolSculpting you are kind of stuck with whatever you get.  It is not a finely targeted procedure.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Unevenness after Coolsculpting

+1

Because it's very early after your treatment, I would wait several months before making any final assessments.  Usually, the areas even out for a nice, smooth result after Coolsculpting.

Web reference: http://marylandcosmeticsurgeryinc.com/coolsculpting/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.