Cool Sculpting Post Op Pain?

I had my upper and loer abdomin done 5.5 days ago. I would say I have 50% numbness remaining but last night the pain became much worse. It is not the cramping that was described but an intermittent electric pain. It is more surface that deep but by times it is shockingly sever and I have to catch my breath. I am taking 800mg motrin and 100 mg tylenol every 6 hours. I have had cancer and multiple surgeries, I have never taken a narcotic. I have never had this much pain. What now ?

Coolsculpting can lead to inflammation

+1
Nerve type symptoms should be addressed with your treating physician.  Lyrica is a medicine that has been shown to helps in this situation.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including CoolSculpting® tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

CoolSculpting Pain Post Treatment

+1
What you are experiencing sounds like it may be nerve pain, which is a very rare side effect. The good news is that it is temporary and should resolve in a few days. You should definitely consult with the person who treated you. If the pain is indeed nerve pain, there is a medication that can be prescribed to relieve the discomfort.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Severe pain is very rare after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+1

What you're describing is so rare that you should not be asking for internet opinions, but you should see the doctor who supervised the treatment.  Is it just a sensory hypersensitivity or is it some more serious unusual complication that hasn't been described? Some patients, although very rare, do have a very significant hypersensitivity for a few weeks preventing them from wearing their clothing comfortably. This is very rare and possibly what you're experiencing. See your doctor for an evaluation and treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting and Pain

+1

It is rare for people to experience the type of pain you are describing. But, many offices providing CoolSculpting will prapare the patient for the possibility of pain. In my practice, my Nurse practitioner or PA can prescribe Neurontin, a non-narcotic pain reliever that can address nerve pain. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Pain After CoolSculpting

+1
Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after the treatment though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. What you are experiencing is normal. Since it has only been 5 days since the treatment, give your body some time to recover. Best of luck. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Pain after Coolsculpting

+1

Pain after Coolsculpting the lower abdomen is not uncommon. We warn our patients at length to expect this though may only occur 4-5% of the cases. We also treat our patients that have this with a topical lidocaine patch and reassurance that it will resolve.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Topical anesthetics work will to controll post coolsculpting discomfort

+1

Many patients develop post treatment "dyskinesias" after coolsculpting.  It is limited and will gradual subside with time.  I have found that topical anesthetics work well to control the discomfort until it goes away.  Ask your physician for a Lidocaine 4 or 5% cream prescription.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon