I had cool sculpting over 3 months and gained 10 pounds, why am I still swollen in the area where I had the treatment?

Before cool sculpting in the black and after cool sculpting in the gray I do two green shakes a day and one meal and exercise 5 days week, why am I still swollen.

CoolSculpting and Weight Gain

+1
Everyone reacts differently to every procedure.  The most important way to have the best results with CoolSculpting is to continue to eat healthy and exercise.  CoolSculpting is a great procedure when you have reached your ideal weight or to "jump start" a healthy diet.

CoolSculpting Results After Weight Gain

+1
CoolSculpting freezes fat cells in a targeted area and the body removes those damaged cells over the next three months.  Swelling is a common side effects in the weeks following treatment.  Weight gain after your CoolSculpting treatment can affect the appearance of your results.  The ideal CoolSculpting candidate is at or near their ideal body weight and expects to maintain that weight.  CoolSculpting is a sculpting treatment for distinct pockets of stubborn fat.  Fat cells from a particular area are reduced and some patients have maintained the sculpted appearance even after mild weight gain.  It would not be normal for you to still be swollen in the treatment area three months after your treatment.  You may require additional treatments in the same or adjacent areas to achieve your desired results.  I recommend that you contact your provider to review your in-office photos and treatment plan.

If additional treatments are necessary it may be helpful to find a top CoolSculpting provider in your area who may have access to special pricing.  As the Premier Crystal Practice in my region, we offer patients Instant Rebates for a free CoolSculpting session with each session purchased.  Practices with high volume will have more experience assessing and treating patients with CoolSculpting.  You can find these practices on the CoolSculpting website.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting delivers results, good placement of applicators is key.

+1

CoolSculpting is very dependant on the proper placement of applicators to get a contouring effect that is attractive.  I have seen patients treated elsewhere who were concerned that the area was not flat, the problem was actually incomplete treatment.  What seemed like swelling was actually fat in an adjacent area that had not been treated.  We call it "Treatment to Transformation"  which really means the entire area is assessed and for most people several areas need to be treated to get a great result.  It would be good to know applicator placement to assess whether this is the situation with you.  

Swelling of course can happen with CoolSculpting but I have never seen real swelling last more than a couple of weeks. Definitely have your physician check you out whenever results are not what you expected. 

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling 3 months after CoolSculpting

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without examining you and seeing pictures before and after your treatment (without clothes on the treated areas).  It would be unusual to still have swelling present 3 months after a CoolSculpting treatment.  Normally, if there is some swelling this only lasts a few days.  I'm not sure if the weight gain you had after the treatment is contributing to the issue or not.  I would recommend returning to the physician who treated you so that your results can be evaluated and it is possible that your issue could be improved.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon