I Had Cool Sculpting Done in my Upper Abdomen 7 Weeks Ago and Lower Abdomen Done 3 Months and One Week Ago and Nothing Yet?

I'm so worried, did I waste my money???? Iam 5'1 and weigh about 130. The Dr. said I was a perfect candidate. My upper abdomen still feels bloated to me, is that why I see no difference in the lower abdomen? Thanks for the help!!

No results from Coolsculpting

+1
While it is possible that the coolsculpting procedure did not work for you, it is extremely rare for the procedure to not be successful. The most common failures are poor patient selection (e.g. patient does not have pinchable fat to treat) or inability to have proper expectations set (20% of the fat cells of the treated area will be eliminated for each treatment). In some cases, patients have gained weight that hid the benefits of the treatment. In your case, it may take up to 4 months to see a benefit. Consult with your treating physician to review the treatment, and the before and after photos.

Gradual Reduction After CoolSculpting

+1
The CoolSculpting consultation is important to determine the right candidate and the best treatment plan.  Your provider may have taken photos before and after treatment.  If you have concerns about your results, you should meet with your provider and review your photos.  In some cases, the results can be felt by a reduction in fat density in the area that was treated by CoolSculpting.  The body removes fat cells treated by CoolSculpting over three months so the results are gradual.  This is why it is important to document the changes with photos in a controlled setting. 
Many patients will have multiple treatments on one or more areas of the body.  When several treatments are necessary it is helpful to have discounted pricing.  As the top provider in my region, my patients are offered free CoolSculpting sessions with each session purchased. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting fat reduction results occur at different rates for different people

+1

Everyone is different. Their body type, genetics, bony framework, amount of fat, looseness of skin,etc.   Most of the time, the results of CoolSculpting are seen between 3 and 4 months, sometimes earlier. Swelling and inflammatory results can prolong the appearance of the good results.

People who do not experience good results should follow up with their doctors.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting results

+1

The two-month mark is when you should start to notice an improvement after CoolSculpting by Zeltiq.  I suggest that you follow-up with the physician who performed the procedure on you to view your "before pictures" and compare those to the treatment results you have attained thus far.  Although you should see a noticeable difference (20-25% reduction in fat) after a single CoolSculpting session to one target area, we are finding that some patients see even greater results (40-50% reduction in fat) when they undergo two CoolSculpting sessions to the same treatment area.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't worry

+1

Greetings-  If your physician did before pictures of the areas you had treated, it would most likely be very helpful to review your photos.  Sometimes patients are unaware of the changes because they occur gradually. Results can also vary depending on the size of applicator used, the placement of the applicator and often 2 or more sessions are needed. Follow up with the office that did your procedure, review your photos, be patient and if necessary, consider another set of cycles in the areas you treated.  Coolsculpting works! We have 5 machines in our office that are in continuous use and years of treating happy patients to prove it.  Good luck.  

Grant Stevens, MD