Is Cool Sculpting a Good Procedure for Lipodystroph on the Neck from Hiv?

I have lipodystroph on the neck from hiv medications, what is a good procedure to get rid of this without paying thousands of dollars?

CoolSculpting is not indicated for lipodystrophy of HIV on the neck

+1

The enlargement of fatty tissue in the neck would probably not be able to be treated with CoolSculpting because the applicators would not fit well. Furthermore, such fat, is more dense than the loose subcutaneous fat of the abdomen or love handles in patients that have a bulge in focal areas from having consumed too many calories.Denser fat is expected not to have the same great response to CoolSculpting as looser fat in the abdomen and love handles.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

CoolSculpting

+1

CoolSculpting is not an ideal treatment for fat of the face or neck for any person at this time. In the future, we have been told that smaller apllicators will become available and possibly they could work on the neck or chin area, but it is too soon to know that.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

HIV lipodystrophy

+1
Unfortunately, at this time, there is no Coolsculpting applicator which is designed for the neck area fat, regardless of what caused the fat accumulation.
Liposuction is still the only treatment that we have for that area at this time.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Coolsculpting is not for lipodystrophy of neck

+1

I would not recommend using Coolsculpting for lipodystrophy of the neck. However,it works great for love handles and abdomen to remove bulges of fat.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for Lipodystrophy on neck?

+1

I do not think that Coolsculpting will be a good procedure for this area because from my experience, the lipodstrophy is more firm and I think it would be difficult to have that area suction into the handpiece.

You may want to go have an examination by a physician so that you can get more precise information.