Is the public satisfied with the results for the non-invasive cool sculpting option over lipo sculpture for cellulite?

How many people choose the cool sculpting option compared to lipo? (Is this still considered "plastic surgery, if no incisions are made?) What are the main advantages of cool sculpting?

Lipo sculpture vs. Cool Sculpting

+1

Dear Anon,

The main attractants of Cool Sculpting (Zeltiq) would be:

1. Virtually, no side effects

2. No down-time.

3. Occasionally, some swelling and brusing.

4. No need to have the patient anesthetized.

5. The session is usually about one hour on average, hence it easily fit any busy schedule.

The cool sculpting main limitations:

1. Requires minimum area size so the suction device can operate; if too small, then it will not be a good target for the device; main areas of optimal results are the abdomen, flanks and back.

2. Cannot address excessive amount of fat.

3. Does not address the issue of cellulite.

Considering the aforementioned limitations, the lipo sculpture covers a wider range of areas with various amounts of fat but still without addressing the issue of cellulite. However, it is an invasive procedure overall and it is done with local anesthesia therefore, there is a downtown - even minimal.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Best of luck.

Dr. Sajjadian

Cool Sculpting and Cellulite?

+1

Unfortunately,  neither cool sculpting or liposuction surgery are effective in the treatment of cellulite. Both procedures however are very effective in the treatment of diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue.

Coolsculpting vs. Lipo for Cellulite

+1

Greetings~

Neither Coolsculpting nor Liposuction are really the best solutions for cellulite....for localized areas of fat, both treatments are very gratifying to patients.  Coolsculpting is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure, so though considered body contouring it is difficult to label it as 'plastic surgery'.  Advantages of Coolsculpting include (but nt limited to): no anesthesia, no downtime, effective, great at targetting stubborn, localized areas of fat, non-invasive.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting is a great alternative to liposuction.

+1

Liposuction remains the gold standard for fat reduction but if you do not want the pain, expense and prolonged recovery then CoolSculpting is an excellent optional.  CoolSculpting is absolutely non-invasive.  That means no surgery, not even a needle.  I have had the procedure done on my abdomen and I can give a personal endorsement along with hundreds of successful patient treatments.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting is very effective for fat removal

+1

I have found CoolSculpting to be a very effective non-invasive procedure for removal of fat that can be performed with no downtime for the patient.  But as with every procedure the key is in choosing the right patient..  The ideal patient is within 10-15 pounds of their ideal body weight with a localized moderate bulge.  The areas most amenable to treatment are the muffin top, love handles or back fat. Regarding cellulite CoolSculpting is not a treatment for cellulite.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

NYC Coolsculpting Upper East Side

+1

I can clearly say that all of my patients whom have had Coolsculpting all are extremely satisfied as well as return for additional areas.  It definantely is technique driven and you need to make sure the office you are using knows the procedure well.

I have seen great results and the satisfaction rate in my practice has been 100%

Ariel Ostad, MD

CoolSculpting Zeltiq not for cellulite nor is liposuction

+1

There is no treatment that can consistently provide good results for cellulite. CoolSculpting by Zeltiq chills and kills the fat to resduce volume of fat without liposuction but can not provide as much reduction as liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting is an effective non-invasive treatment for fat removal. CoolSculpting is not a treatment for cellulite.

+1

CoolSculpting is an effective non-invasive treatment for fat removal. CoolSculpting is not a treatment for cellulite. This modality of fat layer reduction does not address cellulite, it neither improves it nor worsens it. In my practice we have performed over 1,000 CoolSculpting treatments and have had very high patient satisfaction. It does provide permanent fat layer reduction through selective damage and death of the fat cells (adipocytes) via cold exposure of the targeted area of excess fat (cryolipolysis concept, developed by doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital). The skin, muscle and nerves in the area remain unaffected. No needles or anesthesia are required, and patients may return to work the same day. The dead fat cells are then removed gradually over the next two to three months, after which patients see significant fat layer reduction. CoolSculpting is the only non-invasive modality that selectively and effectively destroys the fat cells.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon