CoolSculpting for Inner Knees?

Does Cool Sculping Work for Excess Fat Around Inner Side of the Knee

Coolsculpting for inner knees

+2

I would recommend waiting until there is a specific handpiece configured to treat these areas. Currently, I am told that the inner thighs are next. The new handpiece is being developed this year.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Does coolsculpting work on inner knees?

+2

At this point, coolsculpt does not have an applicator specific to the inner knees.

Most important, you will want to undergo evaluation by a well trained physician who performs this procedure regularly. They are best suited to tell you, based on your specific needs and goals, what would be an ideal treatment for you and in which body parts

Lori A. Brightman, MD

Coolsculpting works on any fat deposit.

+2

Although Coolsculpting will work on any localized fat deposit the limitation is in the handpiece.  The geometry of the hand piece must fit the anatomical area in order to "suck" the fat layer into the giant suction cup.  At this time we have 3 different size/shape handpieces which give us lots of options but not all options.  New handpieces are in develpment that will nicely fit any area that we want to treat.  

To know if you are a candidate you just need to see a providing physician and she/he can tell you if you can be treated or must wait for the new handpieces (rumor has it they will be out by the  end of the year).

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Not For Inner Knees

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, CoolSculpting is not cleared for use on the inner knees. CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks (love handles) and abdomen only.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

CoolSculpting may produce an applicator in the future for inner knees

+1

Currently there is no applicator that would fit the contours and size of the fat deposit of the inner knee.  There may be development of such in the future.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting for inner knees

+1

At this time, I don't think that the applicator would be able to fit in that area.  The company is researching different handpieces and so I would suggest waiting until the handpiece is specific for that area.