Is Cool Lipo the Same As Vaser Lipo?

Is Cool Lipo the Same As Vaser Lipo?

Cool Lipo

+1

I have used Cool Lipo and VASER.  I like Cool Lipo best.  VASER requires the incisions to be larger, which I just don't like.  I think that the results of the two are similar, because the results are really about who is doing the procedure, not the instruments.  Combining different types works best for some as you want to remove bulk, but also tighten the skin.

Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER and Cool Lipo

+1

There is no comparison. Cool Lipo will not produce any where near the results often achieved with VASER. In the hands of an experienced Lipoplasty surgeon, VASER will produce results unmatched by any other modality, especially light based such as LASERs. I often combine the LASER for skin release with VASER for fat removal if there is moderate to significant skin excess or laxity. Cool Lipo is an older LASER with limited power and wavelengths. I would recommend the Smartlipo Triplex if you were set on having LASER lipolysis. This is a multi-wavelength machine with multiplex capabilities which can combine wavelengths for best result including the 1320 nm which is the sole wavelength of Cool Lipo.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Cool Lipo the Same As Vaser Lipo?

+1

No. VASER lipo is the weak power settings of ultrasonic liposuction. While CoolLipo is laser assisted liposuction using a wavelength of light of 1320, good for pure fat melting. But only at 15 watts a little low like VASER in the power settings. Cool Lipo has smaller incisions, less edema, ecchymosis than VASER. Best to see an experience lipo doc who offers both technologies. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.