Is "Cool Lipo" Effective for Double Chin?

Cool Lipo is effective for double chin

+2

Cool Lipo is laser based procedure recommended for the small areas, like chin, neck, or arms. It offers not only breaking up the fat, but also increases skin tightening. It is a FDA-approved, safe if done by the board certified plastic surgeon. You need to remember that always the results have to do a lot with a competence of your surgeon. The procedure is usually done under local anesthesia, which allows you for a faster recovery time. Usually two to three days after the procedure, you can go back to your daily activities. It is a better alternative than liposuction only.

Cool Lipo is IDEAL in this area

+1

Cool Lipo is an ideal choice for under the chin. Depending on your age and the laxity of the skin in the area, you should have a very satisfactory result using the services of a competent surgeon who performs this procedure on a regular basis.

If there is a lot of skin laxity of the area already, the "tightening" you seek may not be significant enough for a pleasing result. It is possible you would need a neck lifting procedure as well to achieve optimum results. This, of course, can only be assessed in person.

I use the Cool Lipo Device in almost all my liposuction cases, including tummy tucks! I find that the skin tightening benefit is evident in even larger areas compared with liposuction without the Cool Lipo laser device.

Of course, as always, adhering to post-operative instructions is very important. With liposuction under the chin, it is important to wear the head strap provided to you by the surgeon for as long as is recommended.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon