Convulsion-like Contractions in the Area of Nostrils Short After Rhinoplasty?

I have had a rhinoplasty three days ago and I wear now a splint on my nose. I also have plastic splints with airway inserted into my nostrils. Soon I have noticed that I have occasionally contractions in the area of my nostrils that occur spontaneously and last just for a moment. This occurs infrequently and usually when I am sitting or laying on the bed. The feeling is as if something tries to get pulled out of my nose but it is stopped by the splint.Should I worry about this?

Nostril Convulsions After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. The convulsions that you are experiencing should not be a cause for concern, but you should be examined by your surgeon to ensure that there are no serious issues.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Nasal Contractions After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Dave,

The involuntary nasal contractions may not be of a critical nature. Most likely, such contractions will fade away but it would be for your best to have your surgeon examine you.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and protect your nose from any possible trauma.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Best of like to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS