Is It Possible To Have More Control over Chin Implant Procedure? Can I See It During Surgery? (photo)

I'd like to have an - Internally placed chin implant.. to have no scars - Be able to see it be placed while in the operating room... so I can see that I like it. - Have a little bit of height added. (Been told not possible) - Use a size 2 Am I going to have a hard time finding a good surgeon to do these requests? I had a rhinoplasty, but my nose is still big... So, I'm looking to do something else to make it appear smaller. Revision rhino is also an option to make it smaller, but I dunno.

Monitoring Chin Augmentation Surgery

+1

With due diligence you can find a good surgeon, but I think it is unlikely you will find a surgeon who will let you observe the operation. It would be very difficult for a lay person to evaluate the result intra-operatively. If I, personally, was having a chin augmentation I would select a good surgeon, discuss the procedure pre-operatively, give up control, and trust my surgeon.

Visualization of chin implant procedure

+1

I would not permit someone to visualize and as you imply direct a chin implant procedure let alone any procedure I would contemplate performing.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Watching during surgery

+1

I would not recommend this.  In my OR I don't allow it, because once the local is in there is some distortion.  You can place it through an intra-oral incision but I prefer the external approach.  There is better placement and I feel a lower risk on infection.  I also think that adding the chin will give you tthe impression of a smaller nose, as it will place the nose and chin in balance.  Rely on your doctor and sit down with him prior to surgery to discuss your concerns.  Even if you did the surgery under sedation, you would be able to tell if the chin implant was right for you and we couldn't rely on your answer as you are under the influence of sedation.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon