How to Remove Contracture Scar on Nose?

I have a contracture scar on my nose, how can i remove it? I've had this scar for 4 years and it's now beginning to really bother me. I have read on how it can be treated but it's so overwhelming to look for a doctor. I'm in NYC, what should I be doing or looking for?

Contracture scars

+1

Contracture scars typically require a surgical revision to release the scar tissue and this often results in some scar lengthening and a change in the direction of the scar. Other treatment options may be available including laser treatments but this will depend on scar location and skin type as well as whether scar is pigmented or not. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on nose

+1

There are many ways to treat scars, steroid injection, lasers, scar revision, radiation. Most plastic surgeons practicing in the New York area have experience with treating difficult scars. Just look for a board-certified plastic surgeon and go in for a consultation. That's the only way to really know what is best for your case. Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.