Will Contouring Reduce my Breast Size?

am scared of surgery,will contouring reduce breast size,am thinking of taking this option to reduce my large breasts.

Liposuction breast reduction

+1

Liposuction can be used to reduce your breast size however, if your breasts are already hanging, additional volume loss will result in more descent and be more unattractive, requiring more extensive incisions.  You will need to discuss with your plastic surgeon what your fears of surgery are and perhaps he/she can give you options to satisfy your requirements.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes

+1

Understand that your breast is made up of breast tissue and fat.  The percentages vary from one

woman to another.  Liposuction is the only form of changing your contour unless you want to have

a breast reduction.  Liposuction can be done on the side of your breast for a small improvement

in your contour.  Liposuction can be done on your entire breast and can be effective if a large part

of your breasts are fat.  The problem with that is that it will make your breast sag more, particularly

if your skin has been stretched from weight gain and/or pregnancy.  Your breast would be smaller,

but they are probably going to sag.  Be sure to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Contouring vs Breast reduction surgery

+1

I am assuming you are referring to liposuction reduction of the breasts?  This is still a surgical procedure and even though there are only a few small incisions, there still can be risks and unsatisfactory outcomes.  Very few women are candidates for liposuction as a reduction technique.  It requires tissue to be mostly fatty, only a small excess and minimal sagginess of the breasts.  Most will require a traditional skin/tissue excision with reshaping of the breast for satisfactory results.  Please have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to get more information on breast reduction 

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction with liposuction

+1

Without looking at any photographs, it is hard to give you any definitive advice about this.  In my practice here is South Jersey near Philadelphia, in general, I tell my patients that if your breasts are too big for you then you should consider some form of reduction surgery where actual breast tissue us removed.  Liposuction is not for everyone and most often does not do enough to relieve the symptoms of large breasts.  Good luck

Dr. Vasisht- South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Liposuction Surgery?

+1

I am not sure what you are referring to by “contouring”;  if you are referring to liposuction surgery, very few patients are a candidate for Iiposuction surgery to reduce breast size. These patients  generally require very little reduction and have excellent skin elasticity.  Keep in mind also that liposuction is also a surgical procedure and not without risks of its own.

Most patients who have symptomatic breast hypertrophy ( very large breasts),  benefit from breast reduction surgery. Generally, assuming you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist ( and assuming your overall  good health)  the procedure can be done in a very safe fashion. Breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.