Can I Continue to Wear Eyelash Extionsions While Using Latisse?

I have had extensions for two years and love them but I want to switch to Latisse. Can I continue wearing the extensions while my lashes grow out from the Latisse?

Latisse with eye lash extensions

+1

You can wear the eyelash extensions with Latisse administration. However, eyelash extensions and the glue used may be counterproductive in the growth of new lashes. If you wish for the results of Latisse to be best, I would recommend giving the product a full 2 months without eyelash extensions. You will likely see better results. Best of luck!

Eyelash extensions with Latisse

+1

Thank you for your question. Feel free to wear your lash extensions while you make the transition to Latisse. Make sure you are following proper application instructions for the best product result.

-Best wishes

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Eyelash Extensions With Latisse

+1

Yes, you can absolutely continue to wear eyelash extensions while you are using Latisse. It is important to follow the instructions outlined by the product.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Wearing eyelash extensions while using Latisse

+1

Latisse is applied along the base of the upper eyelashes so it can have its effect at the level of the hair follicle. Since eyelash extensions are applied close to this area, the adhesive could inhibit the penetration of Latisse and make it less effective.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

You won't hurt anything

+1

There is no problem with using extensions at the same time, but the application of the Latisse will possibly be hindered by the lashes. I would just say be patient for a few weeks.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelash extensions and Latisse

+1

Latisse is best used on clean eyelashes. The glue from the extensions can inhibit the Latisse actually absorbing, so it's best to not have them on when using Latisse. If you insist, you can, but just know that you will not get the same growth rate and some eyelashes may not receive any product so you could end up with very uneven growth.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD