Should I Continue to Wear Compression Band 30 Days Post Breast Implant Surgery? (photos)

Dear Doctor, I had 200cc Mentor silicone textured surface implants on 10th Oct and had been wearing compression band (see photo) 24/7 since 11th Oct. Judging from the photos I took today, do you think 1) I should continue to wear the garment? 2) If yes for how long more? 3) If no what to switch into? 4) My right breast is clearly lower on the bottom hence appears larger than left, what can I do about it? 5) What other suggestions do you have for me? Do you see any other problems? Thank you!

Should I Continue to Wear Compression Band 30 Days Post Breast Implant Surgery?

Although I do encourage a compression wrap above the implants after surgery, not all surgeon do this anymore.  It appears to me you are doing well after your surgery so I encourage you to follow the recommendations of your surgeon for your best results.

400 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Compression band for breasts

I am not a big fan of compression bands after breast augmentation. You should really ask your surgeon what his protocol is.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

you appear to have a beautiful result. My only suggestion is to start enjoying your new look. It takes time for swelling to resolve.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

1035 Park Ave
New York City, NY 10028

I think your best path is to see your surgeon ASAP to discuss your issues in person! We can only give suggestions not medical care over the internet. I see the issues of which you post but without an in person examination would be hard pressed top give advise for you. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Postoperative Care after Breast Augmentation?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure; from what I can see viewing your pictures, you are on your way to a very nice result.

Only your plastic surgeon should be providing you with postoperative care recommendations; remember that he/she is responsible for your care.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Instructions To Follow After Breast Augmentation

Dear Lilian,

Thank you for sharing you photos.

Keeping an open line of communication with your surgeon is essential. I believe that it is important to follow your surgeon's instructions; you and your surgeon are a team and the success of the surgery is bound to how well the performance of this team will be.

Therefore, the compression garment issue as well as the implants massage regimen should be discussed with your surgeon.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Compression Band after breast augmentation

Every surgeon has his or her own postop regimen, especially with breast augmentation. With regard to compression band, it's best to ask your surgeon about it. With regard to the early asymmetry post op, I would wait a bit longer to make final judgement. Each breast can recover at different rate. Your surgeon should be able to give you a clear reasoning for wearing the compression band 24/7 for one month after surgery and it's important to follow his or her guideline in order to achieve optimal recovery. I can't give you the reason since I don't use this type of compression band for my patients but I am certain your surgeon has a valid reason for it. 

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

76 N Hudson Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Should I Continue to Wear Compression Band

Photos are very useful, but are not as valid as an in person exam. The enclosed photos are quite good, but on the frontal view without the garment I am having trouble seeing the asymmetry you discuss. 

You would do best to discuss this with your own surgeon who has access not only to a live exam, but also the knowledge of your appearance before surgery, and you progress since. The advice from your surgeon is much more useful than any online advice given without enough information.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Compression Band after Breast Augmentation

Bandeau to help with implant descent may make sense until the implants have completely dropped.  Massage helps as well.  Time is the main factor.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Hughesplasticsurgery Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210