Continue Septum Infected? (photo)

After 2 weeks rhinoplasty (used septal & ear cartilage) my septum was really red n swollen. Is This Infection? I took antibiotics Cephalexin but got allergic reaction on antibiotic. My face swellon, numb and itchy I then changed to Ciprofloxacin but the condition allergic antibiotic is same septum still swelling red as in the photos. One week on antibiotics treatment things hasnt changed. Im so worrying for my septum might get infected. If infected, antibiotics didnt work. What I hv to do next?

Continue Septum Infected?

+2

You should follow up with your rhinoplasty surgeon immediately. The redness and swelling could either result from a low grade infection or compromise of the blood supply to that skin. If it's an infection that has not responded to antibiotics it would be helpful to take a sample and figure out the antibiotic sensitivity of any bacteria that are present. I would not wait to followup with your plastic surgeon. Call them ASAP. I hope this information is helpful. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/functional-rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible infection of the septum

+1

There are several possibilities but an examination is necessary to understand your problem.  It could be an infection or abscess that needs to be drained or a hematoma.  You should be examined by your surgeon as soon as possible.