Should I Continue Getting Photofacials?

I have had 5 of 6 photofacials I paid for. I can not see a difference AT ALL. I do the VISIA complexion analysis each month 3 weeks after each photofacial. My scores continue to decline in UV & brown spots. I have 1 more that I paid for on 10/23. I spoke to the manager who said she would give me free photofacials until my scores went up from what they were before I started. Do you recommend doing that or just giving up since it seems to be making my sun spots & freckles worse?

Are you following the treatment guidelines?

+1

Before I can give you advice, I’d have to know more about your medical history as well as your history of sun exposure. After treatments, are you avoiding the sun, wearing a hat, and using a wide-spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen? If you’re not, that clearly could be the reason your brown spots seem to be getting worse. However, if you are religiously following the treatment’s sun-protection guidelines, you may want to ask your clinician about alternative treatments, such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Facial Rejuvenation, Radio Frequency (RF) Facials, and eMatrix Sublative Rejuvenation.

Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Variable photofacial results

+1

Not all photofacials are created equal, and if you haven't seen any improvement with 5 treatments, then it may be unlikely you will see change with future treatment.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Photofacial

+1

The results that you get from photofacial or IPL treatments really depend on a variety of factors, including skin type, the amount of sun damage, the laser settings, etc.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Should I continue getting Photofacials

+1

When patients come in to me for consultations, they often say they've done Photofacials or IPL before, without much change. Then when they do one in my office, they say "that's NOT what I had before." So, it really depends on the technician, the technology, and the office. I oversee all of my patient's laser treatments and work on their treatment plans. My office has done over 120,000 Photofacial treatments, and we continue to do them every day. If you aren't seeing results, in my opinion, it's based on the technology and/or the technician. Given the right technician and a good machine, you should be seeing a lot of improvements.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD