Can I Continue Using Latisse While Healing from a Brow Lift?

I am scheduled for a brow lift the first of November. My doctor will be making the incision in my forehead hair line to raise my eyebrow. I use Latisse on my eyelashes. Will I have to stop using Latisse for this procedure. I would like to get several opinions. If I do need to stop using Latisse how long prior to the surgery must I stop and how long must I stay off Latisee after surgery before starting to use it again? Thank you

+2
There should be no reason for you to stop using Latisse after your brow lift procedure. The two treatments should not interfere with each other.

Should be OK to use Latisse after Browlift

+2

Thanks for your question.  Although you will likely have some swelling above the eyes after a browlift, it should not be a problem to continue using Latisse before and after your browlift surgery.

Best wishes and good luck to you for a speedy recovery!

Lynn Chiu-Collins, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse postop browlift

+2

I don't think there will be much conversation here--there is no reason you should have to stop the Latisse.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same time

+2

I see no reason to stop Latisse. You may experience some lid swelling after surgery on brow.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Latisse after brow lift

+1

There should not be a problem to continue using Latisse. However, I would still ask your surgeon and follow his/her instructions as indicated.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS