Can You Continue to Use Latisse if You Have Had Cataract Surgery?

Latisse after Cataract Surgery

+1

Conventional wisdom would be to wait 4 to 6 weeks or so after surgery before applying anything, provided you have no complications following surgery.

Using Latisse after cataract surgery

+1

There is no problem in using Latisse after cataract surgery, though I generally advise waiting a minimum of 1 week, and ideally 2 weeks after the surgery. The Latisse will give you lush darker, thicker and longer lashes better than any other product on the market.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse Use Before and After Cataract Surgery, Lasik Surgery and PRK

+1

Latisse is a product used along the eyelash line to encourage the eyelashes to grow longer, fuller and darker. This is a product that really works. I recommend all of my surgical patients....that includes cataract surgery, Lasik surgery, PRK surgery and others, from abstaining from Latisse use for one week prior to surgery and one week after surgery, then the patient can fully resume use.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse after cataract surgery

+1

The eye is still exposed to a very small amount of Latisse even when it is properly applied as directed to the upper eyelid margin using the supplied applicator. This has been demonstrated by applying a colored dye to the eyelid margin and watching its migration. It would be wise to wait for several weeks until your surgery has healed before resuming Latisse.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes

+1

I would not use Latisse for the first 4 weeks after cataract surgery. Although you are putting the product on the lashes, there can be some product coming in contact with your eye, and as the product is not sterile, there is a theoretical [though minute] risk of infection.

Better be safe than sorry when it comes to the health of your eyes and your vision.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and Cataract Surgery

+1

I have patients who do use Latisse after having cataract surgery and there aren't any issues because Latisse isn't put into the eye, but rather along the top eyelash line only. I would recommend that you ask the physician who did your cataract surgery though, simply because he/she may not want you touching your eyes too much right after, so he/she may want you to wait a specific timeframe after the surgery to continue your Latisse.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD