Continous Phlegm and Coughing Resulting in Vomiting 2-3 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

I have been coughing up phlegm for the past week and I am now three weeks post rhinoplasty. My cough is uncontrollable and can be prolonged at times. During evenings I end up vomiting after my evening meal because the cough gets so violent. The gagging cough continues when there is nothing left to cough up. My throat has now become very sore. If this is as a result of my post surgery saline washes of my nose which obviously led to the phlegm build up is there anything I can do to alleviate it?

Non-allergic Rhinitis After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like you may have developed a non-allergic rhinitis causing your symptoms but this cannot be confirmed without examination.

So, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon to seek possible solutions.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Chronic rhinitis or runny nose after rhinoplasty

+1

You may be suffering from  vasomotor rhinitis or non-allergic rhinitis as result of changes to your nose after your rhinoplasty. Vasomotor rhinitis involves chronic sneezing or having a drippy nose with no apparent cause. The symptoms of non-allergic rhinitis are similar to those of hay fever (allergic rhinitis), but there's no allergic reaction involved. Best for you is to consult with an ENT / Facial plastic surgeon for proper diagnosis and treatment. Good luck and good healing. Dr. Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO