Consultation Fees

i want to interview a few doctors but how expensive will the consultation be?

Consultation fees

+3

Great question. It is a personal concept of each practicing plastic surgeon. Some are no initial fee other charge up to $250. Call and ask if there is an initial consult fee. From MIAMI Dr. B

Consultation fee??

+2

I do not believe in charging for a consultation. I feel this is not just the doctors chance to make sure you are a good candidate but also a chance to make sure you like the physician and his staff. Most practices that charge for practices do so and explain the consultation fee will be applied toward the surgery if schedule. I feel you should visit several physicians to see who you are most comfortable with and not feel pressured in to staying with one physician because of the risk of losing your consultation fee.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Consultation fees are often waived for clients.

+2

I personally do not agree with consultation fees.  It's kind of like paying a general contractor to bid on your home.  You want to feel confident in the abilities of your surgeon and you also want someone you can relate to.  The only way to know if you can relate to them is to meet them.

Sometimes people feel persuaded to stay with the first surgeon they meet because the consultation fee "will be applied to their surgery" and they don't want to "lose" their money.  Ignore the consultation fee (or lack thereof) and just make sure you feel confident in your surgeon.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic consultation fees are often waived for prospective patients

+2

Consultation fees vary from doctor to doctor.  More and more cosmetic surgeons will offer free consultations or charge a nominal fee which can sometimes be applied to the purchase of a procedure.  I know of one office that takes your credit cards and charges you $75 ONLY if you don't show up!  Call and find out the fee schedule ahead of time.  Most plastic surgeons do not charge too much, if anything, to consult with prospective cosmetic surgery patients.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Consultation fees

+1

COnsultation fees  will vary around the country and from doctor to doctor.  I believe in consultation fees, because I think that it eliminates wasted time for both the doctor and the patient.  A serious patient will pay the consultation fee expecially to a doctor that they are interested in.

Cost of Consultation

+1

Consultation fees vary a good bit among plastic surgeons and in different communities.  I do not charge a consultation fee for cosmetic consultations; others charge a fee which can be used to reduce the cost of a procedure if one is performed.

John Whitt, MD