Im Having a Consult This Week for Implants. Want to Look as Natural as Possible?

I want to look as natural as possible. Im 26 yrs old, 5'5" and 160lbs. Iv a boyish shaped body. Wide shoulders, no hips ect. My size is 32A. And iv large nipples. So I look so un proportioned! I was thinking a large C cup. Maybe that tear drop shaped implant? Im not sure.

Want to Look as Natural as Possible?

+2

Having a consultation is the right way to get advice. Without photos and breast measurements, it is not possible to give useful suggestions over the internet. Your surgeon will examine you take some measurements, perhaps have you try on implants or look at photos to help determine your goals. With that info, choice of size and shape of implant will be determined. 

All the best

Implant selection

+2

The best way to properly evaluate you would be to obtain an exam in person.  This will allow for an adequate assessment.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Natural breast augmentation

+1

You ask an important question but you need to have a complete exam and, more importantly, a detailed and frank discussion with your surgeon. My recent book discusses some of the difficulty and contradictions in decision-making with breast augmentation. To give you a flavor, breast augmentation is an inherently imperfect and unnatural operation. Once you do an augmentation you have an unnatural breast. So you have to define exactly what you mean by natural breasts. Most patients really mean not UNnatural rather than natural. In general, the larger the implant relative to your natural breast, the more unnatural you will be. That is, the irony is that the larger natural breasts with small implants are usually more "natural" than the smaller breasts with large implants. Of course, this is the opposite of what patients usually want, thus the contradiction.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Breast augmentation implant selection

+1

Breast appearance following augmentation is determined by your original breast size and shape, as well as the implant size and style selected.  Selecting an appropriate implant requires matching the implant width to your breast dimensions, then selecting an implant profile.  In general, as you increase the profile of the implant (eg. from moderate to high), the breast appears less natural.  Discuss your goals with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon, working to achieve the size / shape you desire (keep in mind that bra cup sizes vary greatly between manufacturers).   

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Silicone gel implants give a more natural feel to the breasts that saline implants.

+1

All things being equal silicone gel implant in my opinion are superior to saline implants because they look and feel more natural. This is a modest difference but an important one in my estimation.

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is important to communicate with your surgeon what you’re hoping to look like. In office sizers can be helpful.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

How to choose implants to look natural

+1

Without pictures it is impossible to tell whether a tear drop shaped implant is right for you or not. Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He or she is in the best position to advise you on size and shape of implant. However, you also need to make sure that he or she understands your goals. And you need to feel comfortable with the recommendations. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon