Consultation for out of Town Patients, How Does This Work ?

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am looking to have the Brazilian Butt Lift done. Through the research I have done something I have noticed is that this procedure is more commonly done in the southern portion of the United States, thus meaning I will more than likely be traveling. After I make my decision on the doctor I will go forward with how would a consultation work? Are they able to do this over the phone? Would I have to go to that location first?

Telephone Consultation for Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

A large percentage of my patients are from outside of Georgia.  I offer a complimentary initial consultation by phone. My staff arranges for you to securely send photos to me which I review then call you at a prearranged time.  This allows us to discuss whether you are potentially a good candidate before you spend money to come to my office.  As my colleagues have pointed out, it does not replace a face-to-face visit.

How does consultation for out of town patients work?

+2

Many of our patients come to us from out of town and abroad. To facilitate the procedure we always ask for a brief physical description and medical history. In addition we ask for photos of the buttocks( back and side views) as well as photos of possible fat donor sites, such as the abdomen, hips and thighs. Once this information has been reviewed we arrange for a telephone consultation which will go into more details gregarding the procedure. But please note that although photos  and medical history are extremely helpful, the ultimate decision to operate will be made at the time of actual physical consultation. But it is rare that a patient will be declined after having reviewed the baove information including the phone consultation.

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

A proper consultation is done in the office after the physician takes a history and after a medical examination then determine if toy are a candidate for surgery. Discuss the options, risks, and the cost. the realistic expectations, the need for further surgery and who is responsible for what.

Then you can make the proper decision and informed consent.

Brazilian Butt Lift Consultation

+2

All consultations with a board certified plastic surgeon can begin online in a medically secure platform with the initial assessment of the patients medical history, health and photos upon which to begin discussions about options of donor site harvesting (liposuction) and patient goals and realistic expectation. The more you can accomplish ahead of time and become educated will assure the best attainable results. And yes- more of the procedures tend to be done in the southern belt across the US, especially in Florida and California.

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

How would an out of town/state consultation work?

+1

Sarah,

Thank you for the question. While searching for surgeons for your procedure, it is not rare to find a surgeon that you are drawn to that is located in an area not geographically close to you. In my practice, this is very common, and over the years, it is no shock to us that we have patients from as far as Japan and France coming to have a procedure performed. I believe that apart from physically examining a patient in person,  having as many photos of the patient available, taken from various angles is essential to providing the patient with the most accurate information and recommendations. Once photographs are received, as well as patient health information, the next step would be to schedule a phone consultation to discuss the procedure, my approach and what results I could forsee based upon the information I have at hand. I find that this is the best way for a patient to consult with a physician prior to traveling long distances. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon