Constipation Since Tummy Tuck 5 Months Ago

Ever since my tummy tuck 5 months ago I have been having a problem with contipation. I never had this before and have always been careful about what I eat. Could the muscle tightening have caused this and if so what can be done about it?

Constipation after Tummy Tuck?

+1

A few days of constipation after tummy tuck surgery is to be expected.

5 months postop,  constipation is not related to the tummy tuck surgery. Evaluation by your internist/ gastroenterologist is indicated.

When ex lax wont do!

+1

It is not uncommon to be constipated for a short time after a tummy tuck.   5 months is a bit long.  Please help yourself and see your internist or possible a GI specialist!

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Constipation after a tummy tuck

+1

Short term constipation can happen from pain and narcotics but after 5 months you should see your internist or a gastroenterologist to be sure nothing else is going on as this is not normal.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS