What Happens if I Constantly Touch my Nose Directly After Rhinoplasty?

After I removed the nasal cast I kept touching my nose constantly.I guess its not a good thing to do but how will it affect my nose? Will doing so damage the nasal bones or cause more swelling?

Touching Nose After Rhinoplasty

+3

Hi Dima,

Best to not touch your nose immediately following rhinoplasty.  Be patient and let your nose heal on it's own.  If you are unable to control your urge to touch noses immediately following rhinoplasty, it is time for you to apply to medical school and become a rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. Persky

Touching Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Nothing good will happen if you continually touch your nose shortly after rhinoplasty. There is no advantage to touching the nose, but you may cause problems.

Rhinoplasty and Recovery

+1

This similar question was asked earlier.  The best thing to do is just not to touch your nose, or get hit on your nose.

Things can shift and move, obviously you would not want that to happen.  Rhinoplasty is a very delicate procedure with very delicate anatomy.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Touching nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

If it is just touching and not pushing, nothing will happen. Try to keep your hands off your nose.