Constant Gas in the Abdominal Area 6 Months Post-op Tummy Tuck - Normal?

I'm 31yrs old, 4ft 11in and weigh 145lbs. 6mths ago I had a full tt with no lipo and weighed 155lbs. For a couple of months now, I've been having constant gas. The type of gas that moves around and sometimes feels like it's stuck in a pocket. Is this something I should be worried about? Also, I have a bulge on the top part of my abdomen which makes me look like I've just finished eating. When I look at others pics post op tt their stomachs are very flat. What could be the cause of this?

Gas after tummy tuck

+1

While I understant that you had a tummy tuck in the past year, the symptoms sound more an issue to discuss with a Gastroenterologist.

Boated and FOG (Full of gas) following tummy tuck

+1

You should discuss this with your surgeon as well as your internist and possibly a gastroenterologist. There are a few studies which should be completed in addition to a physical examination. Your symptoms could be due to a variety of causes includiing alteration in GI flora due to peri-operative antibiotics. You could attempt a course of probiotics but I would do this after discussing it with your physicians,

Tummy Tuck Surgery does NOT cause increased gas

+1

Regarding:  "Constant Gas in the Abdominal Area 6 Months Post-op Tummy Tuck - Normal?
I'm 31yrs old, 4ft 11in and weigh 145lbs. 6mths ago I had a full tt with no lipo and weighed 155lbs. For a couple of months now, I've been having constant gas. The type of gas that moves around and sometimes feels like it's stuck in a pocket. Is this something I should be worried about? Also, I have a bulge on the top part of my abdomen which makes me look like I've just finished eating. When I look at others pics post op tt their stomachs are very flat. What could be the cause of this
?"

A Full Tummy Tuck tightens the abdominal wall muscles but does NOT enter or interfere with the intestines. It is an abdominal wall NOT an intra-abdominal operation. As such, it cannot influence bowel function. While there is residual tightens which is gradually relieved, your operation is NOT responsible for your gas issues and you should consult a gastroenterologist.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tummy Tuck Gas???

+1

Although it is possible to have a postoperative fluid collection after tummy tuck surgery, it is not possible to have gas collections after tummy tuck surgery.   In addition, any fluid or air collection should resolve by 6 months.   I would consult with your primary care doctor or gastroenterologist to ensure there are no other intra-abdominal issues.   

As far as your upper abdomen, it is hard to assess your postoperative result without seeing your preoperative photos.  If you have a shortened torso, it may result in a less pronounced change to your silhouette.    I recommend that you compare your postoperative result to patients similar to you in their preoperative photographs.   

Paul S. Gill, MD