Is Constant Discomfort Normal 9 Weeks After Mini-facelift?

Had a mini-lift 9 weeks ago from board certified, experienced ps. It looks great but still have 2 major sources of discomfort: constant pulling around both ears (feels like rubber bands stretched tightly around each) and tightness at temples. My ps says both will diminish in time. Does that sound reasonable? I'm very worried - I expected to feel normal by now and I certainly don't.

Discomfort Following Facelift

+2

I am quite certain that the tightness will resolve in time.  Usually many of the small nusiance side effects of rejuvenation surgery can last up to 6 months or so.  So hang in there and listen to your doctor and I am sure things will be fine.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Mini Lift Discomfort

+1

Thank you for your question. At nine weeks, this is a bit unusual. Sometimes, the deep sutures used which are absorbable, can cause some inflammation and this can cause discomfort in these areas. If there are any bumps and or some mild redness, then this is likely some sutures still absorbing and causing a little inflammation in the process. A little massage in the area can help accelerate the healing process. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Discomfort 9 Weeks after Facelift

+1

Each facelift surgeon will likely have different incision patterns and ways of dealing with the underlying tissue.  At 9 weeks, I would trust the judgement of your surgeon who knows how patients respond to his or her techniques and methods.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA