Does Anyone Have Any Experience with Asian Rhinoplasty?

I am not Asian but I have Asian features but I am Hispanic. I have always been insecure about my nose but I have grown to accept it but I still would like to have a nicer, and thinner nose. I would like to find a doctor in Miami dade or broward area who specializes in Asian rhinoplasty because I would feel more comfortable with a doctor who is specialized in these kind of procedures. Also I would like to find out what the cost of this procedure. here are some pictures...

Augmentation / Reduction Rhinoplasty for the Ethnic Nose

+2

From the picture you submitted, your nose has some characteristics of and Asian nose, as you suggest:

• Medium to thick skin
  • Broad at the base of the nostrils
  • Bridge of the nose is too "low"

For me, such a rhinoplasty is both challenging and very rewarding, and it makes good sense to do your homework in selecting a surgeon. Here are some suggestions for selecting a surgeon:

1. Narrow your search to ABPS or ABFPRS surgeons (American Board of Plastic Surgery or American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery). For more info, see my rhinoplasty answer on my profile that gives "10 Qualities of a Good Rhinoplasty Surgeon"
  2. Be sure your surgeon can demonstrate several examples of their work with similar noses, including describing to you how your nose compares to these examples
  3. Realize that perfection is not possible in rhinoplasty, so communication with your surgeon about realistic results and the potential for revision surgery is crucial
  4. Learn how your surgeon plans to address these critical areas for your nose:
    1. Augmentation -- Add volume to the back of your nose and raise the starting point or bridge (radix)
    2. Reduction -- Address your thicker skin and wide nostril base

My strong personal preference is to NOT use an implant for Augmentation of the nose (such as Silicone or Medpore). Most commonly, I use "diced cartilage" wrapped in fascia as an augmentation graft in this situation. I have found that this is the most reliable in my hands, is moldable even at the first post op visit, and does not tend to show itself through the skin.

Additionally, using your own tissues for Augmenting the back of the nose essentially eliminates the possibility of future infection of an implant. An infected implant can be a major problem that can be very difficult to treat.

Hope this helps

Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Consult with an Experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Asian rhinoplasty, and ethnic rhinoplasty in general, is a growing field in the US. An ethnic nose job is considered to be a sort of umbrella term for a specific variety of ailments, particular to certain races. However, this is by no means a set boundary, as is demonstrated in your case. It seems like you have several defining characteristics of a typically “Asian” nose, including a wide nasal base, wide nostrils, and relatively flat nasal projection. Each of these features can be altered and tailored to your specific goals. Moreover, depending on the area you are from and the extensiveness of surgery required, prices for a rhinoplasty procedure can greatly vary. My best suggestion would be to directly consult a few doctors in Miami, so as to get a better understanding of the price range you are working with. 

Sam Rizk, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Go to the websites of rhinoplasty surgeons in your area to find physicians who show excellent results in ethnic patients. This  will be  more difficult in South Florida than it is in places with a lot of Asians, such as  here in California.

Rhinoiplasty for asian patients

+1

There are certain nuances in rhinoplasty for different ethnicities. This is common in all rhinoplasty.  To find a plastic surgeon in Florida you can look on the ASPS or ASAPS websites for people in your community.

+1

Does Anyone Have Any Experience with Asian Rhinoplasty? Since I'm in MIAMI I feel qualified to answer - No no one plastic surgeon only specializes in Asian rhinoplasty in South Florida. This is mainly due to the very small Asian population in South Florida vs say San Fransico or Calif. ( Like Dr Toby Mayer). I would be happy to discuss this with you in person. Regards Dr. Blinski

Asian- Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I have a lot of experience with ethnic rhinoplasty. Although I am in New York, I have dedicated a website to Ethnic and African American rhinoplasty. When you look for a surgeon, make sure you see  a lot of before and afters of Ethnic rhinoplasty. Its easier to get it right the first time; revision are very difficult. Let me know if I can help you further.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS