Considering a Life Style Neck Lift

Since I've just registered on RealSelf, perhaps the requests for recommendations regarding doc's in the Santa Ana, CA and Las Vegas areas has already been addressed, but Ive missed them. Any feedback (either pro or con), and what is the average fee for the neck lift (in both locations)? Also, what are the long-term ramifications, if any? Thx, Paula

Lifestyle Lift: Read the Reviews, 27% are satisfied

+4

You have to remember that what you are getting with Lifestyle Lift is a heavy dose of marketing, usually followed by a consultation with a Lifestyle Lift sales person, typically followed by a very quick, abbreviated Facelift type procedure. What you are not getting is individualized care, you are not getting a "revolutionary" procedure, you are not getting the expertise and empathetic care that you will receive in the office of an independent board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon. Although it is possible to have a Lifestyle Lift and be satisfied, I would recommend that anybody considering this procedure read the reviews posted on this website and seek the opinion of another surgeon independent of Lifestyle Lift.

Remember that when you are watching the infomercial and looking at the marketing materials, you are seeing a collage of results from a variety of surgeons and probably not the surgeon who will be doing your surgery. Many of the results shown are from procedures that far exceed 1 hour in duration. When you sign up for a procedure, you are trusting your face to the hands of the individual surgeon doing the procedure. Patients owe it to themselves to do their research, analyze the information they are presented with, and use common sense.

The only advantage Lifestyle Lift will have to offer is price. Ask yourself, is it worth it to save a few dollars on your face? As of January 2010, 63% of posts on this website say no.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't go with a Lift Style procedure

+4

If you need a neck lift, I would advise that you go to an excellent Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have one done.  Please realize that the Life Style lift is a nationally marketed procedure usually done by non-plastic surgeons. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Lifestyle Lift good choice for neck lift

+3

Lifestyle Lift is a great option for a neck lift. Done by a qualified, experienced, and board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Plastic Surgeon, the Lifestyle Lift procedure should give you the result that you are expecting for many years in your face and neck.

This is not a mini-lift or a limited incision lift. It is a facelift, which is done under local anesthetics and oral sedation.

Always do your research, and request a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Plastic Surgeon to be at your consultation.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift still the gold standard

+3

Neck lift and lower face lift are a very technical procedures that are meant to address all the elements of facial aging. The skin, muscle, and fascia of the face must be handled to achieve a natural and long lasting result.

Most board certified plastic surgeons would be a little uncomfortable with "simple, easy, lift style or lunch time procedures". We know from years of training and surgical practice that quick and easy procedures do not last and might be harmful.The gold standard in cosmetic surgery is to use well known, comprehensive surgical techniques that stood the test of time.

The long term effects desired are an overall facial rejuvenation. The morbidity from comprehensive face lifts include local healing problems, anatomical problems, and general problems like infection, bleeding, etc. These are very few and account to less then 1%.

Hope that helps!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/

Considering a Lifestyle Lift

+2

A lifestyle lift is a trademark. It is not a revolutionary procedure or a new technique. It is usually a lower third facelift and neck lift performed using either a SMAS plication or imbrication technique combined with a platysmplasty (neck lift). This is a traditional technique designed to address lax skin in the neck and jowling.

Lifestyle Lift is a corporation that mass markets a templated procedure to all of its patients. The results is that everybody gets the same procedure which is usually a facelift and a platysmplasty. The downside to this is that there is no ability for the surgeon to address other problems such as volume depletion, brow ptosis etc.

I'm sure that there are skilled surgeons working for the company but there is very little actual interaction with the surgeon. Most of your interaction is with staff and the environment can be very impersonal. In my opinion, facial plastic surgery is very personal and it is best for patients to find a surgeon who they feel comfortable with and can build a professional relationship with. I would do multiple consultations with experienced and qualified surgeons who will take the time needed to give you a thorough analysis with multiple options and will provide you not only with great results but also with a great experience from the initial consultation to the last post-op visit. Good Luck!

Why lifestyle lift when there are so many good surgeons near you?

+1

I feel as a plastic surgeon with an international reputation for facelift that indubitably and without question the result by a plastic surgeon axceeds by far the result of a lifestyle lift doctor Why are so few satisfied. Where is their doctor after surgery after they need his advice..See my video

Web reference: http://youtu.be/zxqy1ZTBXQc

Lifestyle lift is just marketing

+1

Lifestyle lifts are just marketing tools often done by surgeons that are not trained to do facelifts. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon to get a real lift.  It may be a bit more money, but isn't your face worth it?  Remember, bad results last a lifetime, not a lifestyle!

Be wary of choosing doctors based on cost

+1

As always, the recommendation of a friend or associate who's had a good experience with a doctor you are considering is a good way to chose.

As I've stated in other posts, be wary of selecting your doctor based on price. You don't always get what you pay for, and cheaper doctors are not always less skilled. Nonetheless, you will generally see significant differences in costs depending upon the geographic location you are researching: LA and NY are typically the most expensive areas, with other locales usually cheaper.

Depending on the surgeon and results, your long term ramifications will hopefully all be good: a youthful, natural, long-lasting improvement in your appearance.

Look for a qualified plastic surgeon for your face/neck lift on these websites: www.plasticsurgery.org and www.surgery.org

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.