What is considered the best laser treatment for facial redness and rosacea?

Vbeam Laser

+1
In my office I like to treat Redness and Rosacea patients with Vbeam laser by Candela/Syneron. Vbeam stands for Vascular beam and will treat all things red. This laser is very effective for Rosacea, facial veins, leg veins, port wine stains, etc. I believe that the Vbeam is gold standard for these types of treatments. It’s also safe to use on many different skin types. You generally need a series of treatments for the best results and may need to follow up with maintenance treatments depending on your triggers and the severity of your condition. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to ensure this option is best for you.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Treatments for Rosacea

+1
There are several laser treatment options that can reduce redness and rosacea on the face. The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Pulse Dye Laser (PDL) are effective at decreasing redness. Rosacea is a life-long condition and IPL or PDL treatments are usually necessary every 4-6 months to keep the condition under control. In severe cases, Photodynamic Therapy, which involves putting a photosensitizing agent on the skin that is activated by laser and other light sources may be necessary to achieve optimal results. It is best to see your dermatologist to discuss which treatment is best for you.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial redness and rosacea treatment

+1
There are several devices that can treat these conditions. If redness is mild and diffuse, IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) can give very nice, even improvement. If the redness is more severe or enlarged vessels are visible I prefer the V-beam pulsed dye laser. It is very selective for red spots. It can treat even large vessels with minimal if any bruising. A very safe device that consistently offers great treatment.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist