Will Two Rhinoplasty Surgeries Within a Week Make Me Scar?

I had a closed septoplasty back in Sept of 2007 that changed my nose. Jan of 2010 I had a rhinoplasty and my nose was destroyed. Made really short and looked piggish with exposed nostril. Went to different PS and he said it was a very difficult case. He performed surgery Oct 2010 and it did not turn out right my nose was crooked and silicone was sticking out. A week later I had surgery again. Is having surgery a week later really bad? Make big difference with scaring inside?

Two Rhinoplasty Surgeries Within One Week

+1

You had no choice if the silicone was exposed. If the implant was not removed, you would have had more inflammation and probably more scarring.

Multiple nasal operations

+1

Having two nasal operations in a week isn't a good situation.

You must allow a lot of time for healing.  You may be in a situation where although not happy with your nose, it may be the best it can be.  The hardest thing to decide sometimes, is to know when to quit.  Whatever you decide, be sure that you are evaluated by a very experienced reconstructive rhinoplasty surgeon.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Repeat rhinoplasty within one week

+1

Repaet within one week would only be advised if there was some sort of major problem like the silicone sticking out.  Your case sounds complicated and a consult with an experienced rhinoplasty is an essential.  Also any further revision should likely wait at least one more year.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a bad nose job.

+1

If you had the silicone extruding from the nose then you need the surgery to remove it. I would wait at least 6-12 months before having a revision. You should see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

+1

Yes and yes. Would have liked to see a photo history of your surgery events. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Rhinoplasty revision within one week

+1

As a general rule, revision is rhinoplasty is considered after six months, and better after one year. However when things have gone terribly wrong, sooner is better than later and even a week or less may be necessary to reduce the scar contraction of the nasal skin. Considering that your silicone implant has come out, and your nose is left over shortened, it is probably best to revise and stabilize the nasal shape just as your surgeon did as soon as possible.

peterejohnsonmd

Two Rhinoplasty Surgeries -Scar risks?

+1

It sounds like you definately needed surgery due to the exposed silicone implant.  You potentially could have wound up with a lot more scarring if the exposed implant was not addressed, and you ended up with an infection.  I believe that your surgeon did the prudent thing and did not wait to correct the problem.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revison at one weeks

+1

If you hd a problem that needed to be addressed like an exposed implants, then it was perfectly reasonable to treat it one week later after the previous surgery.

Rhinoplasty 1 wk apart

+1

Any time you have revision rhinoplasty, there is a chance you could build up more scar.  However, if you had silicone exposed and sticking out of your nose, you definitely needed surgery.  I would give your nose some time to heal - wait at least a year before you decide to have another procedure. 

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery twice in one week

+1

It really depends on what was done. If the silicone was exposed, then it would be reasonable to correct this as soon as possible. Two procedures that close together through the same incision are unlikely to result in more scars.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS