It Took Him Approx. 15 to 20 Minutes for the Procedure. Is This Considered Relatively Pricey?

I was charged $1,500.00 for 4 loaded .8cc syringes of Radiesse injected throughout cheeks, however the Radiesse filler was free from the company due to my income and hiv status. I live in wi. where the fillers were performed. My question is: Did I pay too much?

$1500 for 4 Syringes of Radiesse

+1

$1500 for 4 syringes of Radiesse would probably be considered a relatively average charge for the product and services.

Radiesse - Prices

+1

Each physician has his or her own routines and pricing structures and it is important to understand what the choices are.  There is a large range of fees from area to area, and even within a given region.  Whether or not the prices are high depends on what the "going rate" is in your area but whether or not it is "too much" depends, beyond that, to the benefit that you feel you received from the treatments.  And that is a difficult conclusion for anyone else but you to reach.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Cost of Radiesse

+1

Talk to your provider and ask for a breakdown of your bill. You may have paid a discounted (rather than free) price for the syringes, which is reflected in the $1500 bill. None of us can truly say if that is "too much" because every provider is entitled to charge whatever they want for the procedure, and it sounds like unfortunately this wasn't discussed before you had the injections and paid the bill. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Radiesse Cost

+1

The cost of Radiesse can vary from doctor to doctor, even when it is used for treating HIV-associated facial lipoatrophy.  I am unclear about the use of the 0.8cc syringe though.  If you received the Radiesse product through their patient access program, the size they normally send is the 1.5cc syringe.  Two of those syringes would have virtually given you the same amount as four of the 0.8cc syringes.  In my practice, the cost of two 1.5cc syringes would be less than four 0.8cc syringes.  And just so you are aware, the Radiesse product is not free when obtained from the patient access program.  The cost is discounted based on your income, so there still would have been some charge for the product as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injection prices vary

+1

If you feel you paid too much for a procedure, it is helpful to call around the local area to compare.  Most likely your Radiesse syringes were not "Free", but discounted based on your income - at least that is my experience.  The full price for 0.8 cc syringes is usually in the $500 or higher range, so $1500 for four is at least below full retail.  The other factor is your injector.  If he/she is really good and artistic, the price is worth it.  You don't judge the value of a painting based on the cost of the paint! 

David Magilke, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did I pay too much for fillers?

+1

Pricing for injectables is dependent upon two primary things: price of injectables and time/experience for the injector. In this case, you say the fillers were free to the physician, so you are only paying for his time/experience. Each physician has the right to evaluate and charge for his/her own experience and the market may pay it, or balk and find someone else. If you weren't happy with the (remember here: FREE syringes), then you should find someone else, but there aren't a lot of physicians who are allowed by the Radiesse company to do these types of free injectables - not all Radiesse injectors are in that special program, so your options may be limited somewhat. I will say that the average Radiesse price is $750-$1000 per syringe, so if you got 4 of them, that would be $3000-$4000 in many places. You paid 1/2 of that, which seems just about right, to me.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD