Is This Considered Normal Healing After Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

It's only been 7 days since I got my eyelid done and 2 days after stitch removal. I don't worry about scars,bruises or pain. But what bother me is the folds.It looks (to me) like I got multi creases on one eye and mini crease on other eye (kinda like the incisions and the folds don't get along) I know it still early to tell if things go wrong but if there's any kind of signs there, I'd appreciate if somebody will inform me.

Blepharoplasty crease

+2

At 7 days your eye lids are too swollen to give  a defiinitive answer. You should give ti severlal weeks for the swelling to improve before worrying too much.

7 days after Eyelid Surgery

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.

At 7 days out, it is too early to judge the outcome.  I would ask that you be patient and follow up with your surgeon and allow things to heal.  At  3 months post op surgery, if you are still not pleased with the results, have a conversation with your surgeon.

Completely agree that it is too early to tell if you have a problem.

+2

Jasmine

You look over resected and I have a hunch that your eyelids will heal with a bit of heaviness and with creases that are too high.  So I think you have every reason to be concerned.  On the other hand, at only a week out from surgery, things normally look a bit rough with the folds looking too high.  Here there are no real folds so my early guess is that no matter how well you heal, you will fee the creases are too high and the upper eyelid too hollow.  Generally though as you heal the upper eyelid will become less and less heavy.  The swelling in the upper eyelid will calm down and the hopefully the creases will sort themselves out.  The important point is that no matter how bad thing are right now, nothing can be done until you heal from this surgery.  This is going to take 3 to 6 months.  Please do not let anyone talk you into more surgery for at least 6 months.  Recognize that how you look today will not be how the eyes appear in 4 months.  Please understand that the stress of healing takes an emotional toll.  If that is the case, consider seeing a therapist to talk through your feelings.  This can be very helpful.  Please continue to let your surgeon follow you as you heal and give time a chance to work before deciding if an eyelid correction may be necessary.

Please report on your progress.

Eyelid results

+2

I can see from your photo the issues you describe.  What we don't see is what you looked like preop.  Also, it is far too soon to know what the final result will be.  Follow your doctor's recommendations and see how you look after 3-4 months.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Appears to be typical healing

+1
Uneven appearance of the eyelid scars, swelling and eyelid position is though frustrating, very typical at this stage. Review of your preoperative photos and evaluation in the office is the best way to answer your questions, but chances are your concerns will continue to dramatically improve over the next several weeks after surgery. If they do not improve after a few months, I would at least address these concerns with your surgeon.

Malena Amato, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

One week post upper eyelid surgery. Scar questions.

+1

Thank you for your photo.  I see what you describe.  It is hard to say anything definite as we don't have the pre op photos, and moreover you are very early in the post operative course. Please do contact your surgeon and let him/her know your concerns.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Eyelids Surgery Healing

+1

It is very early after your surgery. Give it a few weeks before you can judge the results. Be sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS