Does It Cost More to Fix a Large African American Nose Hump?

I was just wondering if this would be considered a large hump and would cost more than normal to straighten out. Also do u think if i only got it straight would it make my nose look longer?

Cost More to Fix a Large African American Nose Hump

+1
The cost for ethnic rhinoplasty like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We do not charge more for ethnic rhinoplasty than other rhinoplasty due to the frequency we do these cases.

We charge $4000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for ethnic rhinoplasty. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to determine your options, and the scope of surgery appropriate for you.

Does it cost more to fix a large nasal hump......

+1

No, it does not. Removal of a nasal hump is part of the cosmetic rhinoplasty procedure. Rhinoplasty is the most difficult and challenging procedure done in plastic surgery. Correction of a large nasal hump requires more finesse from the surgeon and it should be done in a gradual manner so as to not have an overcorrection or a saddle nose deformity.  

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Cost of rhinoplasty to fix a large hump

+1

The rhinoplasty operation cost is based on the actual procedure itself. It does not matter how large or small the
hump is. The average price for a rhinoplasty is about $6000 to $7000 in the United States. Revision rhinoplasty
is usually a little more expensive because of the complexity of cartilage grafting necessary.

Cost for Removal of Large Nasal Hump

+1

The size of your nasal hump will not influence the cost of your surgery. The projection of your tip will determine how much hump should be remove to establish proper balance; I suggest increasing tip projection so you have a strong profile after removal of the hump. 

Trust Your Face to a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Generally, the cost of rhinoplasty is not determined by the size of the hump.  Warmest regards, Dr. Pippin.

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fees for fixng a nasal hump

+1

The cost is generally not reflective of the hump but how much work it will take to achieve the final result. Your nose could be approached utilizing a variety of different techniques. I see a large depression at the bridge of your nose and fullness in the area just above the tip. I would treat both and this would require more work than just a straightforward rhinoplasty. The total costs would be commensurate with the additional surgery, time, anesthesia and operatory fees.

Fix a Large Hump

+1

Thanks for the photo sise view. No the fee should be the same, but I would suggest obtaining 3 boarded surgeons and their opinions and fees. Best of Luck Dr. B

Cost of rhinoplasty relative to size?

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty varies by city and state. However, most surgeons do not charge by the size of the hump. 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does It Cost More to Fix a Large Hump?

+1

In my practice the fees for rhinoplasty are generally fixed.  There are specific fees based on whether the surgery is a revision, whether the nostrils need to be reduced, or if a septoplasty is required, for example.  If the surgery is particularly complicated and requires more time in the OR, the anesthesia fees would be higher, as they are generally calculated based on time.

Dr. B

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of surgery

+1

There are many factors which go into the cost of surgery.  First, there is the surgeon fee which is determined by your surgeon.  There are then the OR and the Anesthesia fees which can be charged by the hour or by the surgery.  In the end, you usually end up paying about the same.  Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD