Should I Consider Laser Active FX for Spots on my Legs?

Active FX for Spots on my Legs?

+1

Thank you for your question. Consider it only briefly, then look to an Alexandrite, V-Beam or IPL if it is a pigmented area, or a Yag if it is vascular.  First see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they can diagnose the problem, and recommend a therapy. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Not the best treatment

+1

Although Active FX can be used off face for treatment of sunspots there are more effective and less aggressive treatments available.  These treatments tend to be less expensive as well. Ask your dermatologist about cryosurgery which is treatment with a cold liquid nitrogen spray to each spot or even light chemical peels which can effectively remove the brown spots.  Remember, the damage we see is deeper than the spot seems and the spots will return over time without continued treatment/sun protection.

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

Fractional CO2 laser Active Fx helps with sun spots on legs

+1

Sun spots or lentigines on legs and arms can be treated with Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing. However, there is typically delayed healing compared to the face and thus requiring a more conservative protocol, preferably supervised an experienced board-ceritifed dermatologist.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon