What are the consequences of going larger and raising a nipple? (Photo)

I want to go larger and also lower my crease to have my implants sit lower on my chest. Also want to have one nipple raised but I had two opinions saying at my young age it's a bad idea because it will leave scarring. My position is mild but obvious. What are the consequences of raising one nipple and lowering the crease to increase the size? I want 650-700cc 425l 475r silicone 6 months postop Preop 34a 135 lbs 5'7 21 years old

Size increase

+1
While it is your body I would advise that adding more weight to your current volume will likely cause permanent stretch deformities that will be difficult or impossible to adjust

Avoid over implantation

+1
Going to a larger implant will produce more mechanical load and lowering the inframammary fold weakens it, promotes descent and your implant may bottom out. At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you were originally a 34 A, 700 cc implants will take you to size H. Implants this large will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I recommend you consider placing your implants higher to produce a younger and perkier appearance. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

650 cc to 700 cc implants are huge don't do it

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  You already feel that your implants are too high and choosing larger implants will only make this problem worse.  Lowering your inframammary crease fold risks the formation of a double bubble which will look terrible.  My recommendation is to avoid having 650-700 cc breast implants, the risk of complications and problems are much greater at the size levels.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

What are the consequences of going larger and raising a nipple?

+1
It's difficult to give you an accurate assesment without the benefit of better and full pictures. Do not lower your inframammary fold. Once this happens it becomes a very difficult task to achieve symmetry of the folds. The larger the implant th egreater the chances of having breast distortion. Beware. Good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

+1
Hi and thanks for your question. I strongly agree with my colleagues that warned you against lowering your fold.
That can have a disastrous effect on the final position and symmetry of you breasts. Obviously, it's hard to make an opinion about your nipples without better clinical photos. I urge you to seek multiple opinions from board certified plastic surgeons. Good luck!

Rami Ghurani, MD

Lower fold

+1
Thanks for your question. I would strongly advise against lowering your fold. Violating that natural
attachment and placing a large implant could be disaster to fix and would almost certainly require revisions as you age.  The nipples can be raised. Before undertaking this I would need to do a through exam and access you volume, skin quality and skin thickness. Thanks. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Wesley Chapel, FL

Raj S. Ambay, MD

You want larger implants

+1
Larger implants would be a poor decision.
Your implants are nearly up to your clavicles.
If you need a lift of the areola it can be done without changing your implants

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Consequences?

+1
I can't comment on your nipple position question because the photos are angled and don't show the nipples. I would definitely avoid  lowering the folds to accomodate much bigger implants. When  the inframammary fold ligaments are released there is no control over how far down the implants may migrate. You would very likely end up with a "bottoming out" deformity which can create a "double bubble" and other problems. These problems are very difficult to correct.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+1
Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, the clothed photo is of little help in answering particularly about the areolar placement. 

I would think hard before altering the fold. The current fold is likely to make an impression on the larger implant, creating a "double bubble" appearance. Sometimes the fold stretches out with time, but not always. 

Consider posting better photos, and more specific answers to your questions can be expected. All the best.