Consensus on the Ultimate Breast Lift Technique? Would I Be a Good Candidate for No Vertical Scar? (photo)

I've researched the "ultimate lift" that eliminates the need for a vertical scar. The description I've found: "A new technique of internal suspension similar to a push up bra corrects these problems. Upon completion, The Ultimate Lift has incisions hidden at the nipple-skin junction and near the junction of the breast and chest." Would I be a good candidate for this or do I "need" a vertical scar? I don't want to be a guinea pig but I don't want the scars! I also don't want implants.

Ultimate Breast Lift is a true and tried proprietary technique

+3

Dear Bean,

Unfortunately for my well meaning colleagues the Ultimate Breast Lift is a proprietary technique and, therefore, not readily available for them to perform. Let me clear up the confusion: the UBL is UNLIKE ANY OTHER METHOD. Please do your homework and look at the before and after pictures. It is clear that breasts are full, perky and esthetically pleasing. I would also recommend you speak to women who have had the procedure. Yes, the anchor and vertical lifts are true and tried, but they have proven to fail in providing women with long lasting lifts. The truth of the matter (and every honest PS surgeon will agree) is that a vertical scar inherently weakens the lift. An incision at the point of maximum  tension is architecturally faulty. This is the point where most wound failures occur. The weight of the breast is often times too much for the skin alone to handle. This is why the UBL is unique. The UBL reconstructs the breast and anchors it internally. It DOES NOT rely on the skin envelope alone like the others. As you know skin stretches with weight. The UBL relieves the skin envelope from the weight of the breast successfully achieving a long term lift. It just makes sense.

I hope this helped!

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift- obtaining minimal scars

+2

The problem with saggy breasts is that there is too much skin for what is inside the skin.

So what are you going to do with all the extra skin if you are not removing it?  

As Dr. Rand has noted, there is in general a tradeoff between scars and results in breasts lifts.  Anchor type lifts are powerful in that they remove a lot of skin.  Lifts performed solely around the nipple (areola) are weak and are best reserved for cases requiring minimal lifting, or minor repositioning of the areola.  Lollipop type lifts are good for in-between problems.

Ultimately the best result is obtained when you don't try to do too much with a weak technique.  A generation of aggressive Benelli lifts has taught us that.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Stay Focused on the goal- safety and beautiful breasts

+2

Hi there-

If you were able to avoid the scars that you think you might  find objectionable, but ended up with funny looking breasts, and needed to spend more time and money having this corrected... or worse, found that the deformity that resulted from this cutely named operation could never be corrected, would you be happy?

If this operation were really the revolution that the doctor promoting it says it is, we would all be doing it.

Please don't make one of the biggest and most common mistakes we see women make- that of shopping for the scar or operation they think they want, and then looking for the surgeon who will do it on them.

Remembering that your goals should be to stay safe and to have the highest likelihood of being happy with your appearance when you are done, there can be no doubt that you would be much better served by looking for the best surgeon for you, and worrying about the details of the technique later.

Armando Soto, MD

Breast lift

+2

From your photos, I agree with the other posters here that you need at minimum, a modified vertical breast lift (which includes the vertical scar, extended like a "J" or "L" into a portion of the fold under the breast, or a full, inverted-T, anchor-pattern lift. As for implants, it depends on the size and projection you desire. Are your breasts satisfactorily large for you when you put them up in a bra? If so, you probably do not need implants. If, however, you still feel your projection is less than you desire, then a lift with implants would be advised. Only an in-person examination can fully answer your question appropriately. However, be wary of the promise of "minimal" length of scars; I have never had a patient be happy with a short scar and poor shaping or nipple position, but my patients are generally quite happy with a great shape, great nipple position, great volume and slightly longer (but generally well-healed, fairly inconspicuous) scars.

Hope this helps.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ultimate lift

+2

I have heard about the so called ultimate lift and have also seen a patient who had one done and was not very happy.  The vertical scar is the one that tends to heal the best, so devising a procedure to avoid it is not a significant advantage.  From your photos, I would recommend a full lift, including an anchor scar.  I think your breasts need to be lifted too far to get a decent result with either a Benelli or vertical lift.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Best Breast Lifting for Me?

+2

Thank you again for the question and pictures.

Although your concern regarding scarring is understandable, I would strongly recommend that you be very careful about selecting a surgeon based on the promises of less scarring. Generally, it is much better to select your surgeon based on demonstrable quality of work as opposed to factors such as marketing terms such as “ultimate lift”.

As you know, breast liftinginvolves some degree of tightening of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Breast lift techniques

+2

Always be careful with proprietary, named techniques. Established techniques have stood the test of time and yield excellent results. We are in a period of great innovation but you need to do your homework.

The degree of drooping of your breast is significant and will require the vertical scar to yield the pleasing shape of the breast you desire. Although the vertical scar is the only one in a conspicuous position it heals beautifully. You appear to be quite fair and this is a good indicator of the quality of the scar you will have.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in breast lifting. Look at before and after pictures to understand scar quality and the surgeons aesthetic.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Ultimate breast lift

+2

This is a great question that seems to generate a lot of confusion out there.

Less scarring is always appealing with regards to a breast lift.  The problem is that if your shape needs more of a lift, there generally is no short cut.  You look like a good candidate for a vertical scar breast lift. Leaving out the vertical scar would be problematic in terms of repositioning your nipple areola complex as well as shaping your breast.  In addition, the vertical scar tends to heal very well.

Make sure to look at pictures of similar shaped breasts before and after both procedures to make a good decision for yourself.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Ultimate breast lift

+2

With all due respect to the doctor who has named and promoted this technique, it has not replaced a lift with a vertical scar for most doctors who perform substantial amounts of breast lift surgery.  In the end, patients will almost always trade great shape for the scars needed to get it so I would advise that you see several surgeons who do lots of lifts, look carefully at their early and long term results, including the "ultimate lift" (but you will likely need to travel for this) and then decide what looks best to you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS